IM TAKING ORLISTAT EATING A HEALTHY RELATIVELY FAT FREE DIET BUT I AM STILL GETTING OILY STOOLS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking orlistat for around a month now and I have been eating healthily.

For the past week after everything I eat I am passing oily stools I have been eating porridge or fruit from breakfast, boneless skinless grilled chicken or fish with vegetables and diet drinks but I am still passing yellowish stools after meals 😭 I have never had this problem with orlistat before and I was once taking them for 4 months last year

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've just being weighed at docs and it's totally wrong as she said it's a different scale to what I had been on before so not happy as I know I've lost more than what the scales say at doctors

• Posted

Hiya, me to sad someone said it maybe the diet I had before so my body is still getting rid of unwanted fat (which is fine with me) I also noticed cheese had to be cut out of my diet completely or I'm running to the toilet half way through a meal! I'm now 5 weeks in and things have settled slightly I don't drink diet drinks though only water and have started a food diary so fingers crossed. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.