Im to scared to take Trazadone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i am on Venlafaxine 150mg for anxiety, they now prescribed me 50mg of Trazadone to help with my depression. I am to scared to take it incase my 2.5yr old wakes up in the middle of the night and i cant help. My concern is will i be able to function as a mother on this and do my job??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Melissa

i was on 300mg of trazadone to night to help me sleep. I was on it for three years and initially it helped a bit. I'm not a doctor, but I'd be surprised if 50mg will knock you out. However different people have different reactions to meds, but 50mg is a very low dose. It's not like a sleeping tablet and I know several people who take it three times during the day, and they're not walking around like zombies and function well.

its a bit of a multi purpose drug in that it helps with depression and anxiety. Because it helps relieve anxiety that helps to sleep better at night.

If you're still bothered about it, ask to speak to a pharmacist or your GP who will be able to reassure you, but as I said, 50mg is a very small dose.

hope you go on alright

• Posted

Hi Vicky thanks for replying. I just don't want to pass out at work or whilst watching my kids. I appreciate your feedback and helped a lot. It says I should take it once a day. But I think I will take it before bed so it doesn't effect my work 😂

• Posted

Hi melissa

do you work at weekends? If not why not wait and take one then. If I start a new med then I start about 4pm on the Saturday. If you're unlucky enough to have a reaction, then it won't interfere with work, and depending on the ages of your kids, you would only have a short while until they're in bed. Don't know if you've got a partner who would be around just in case.

its a very safe drug, with few side effects . The only one I had is that it gives you a dry mouth.

Its also an easy med to withdraw from unlike benzos, which can take months to come off due to withdrawal symptoms.

personally I honestly don't think you'll even notice any difference as you're on such a low dose.

let me know how you get on

• Posted

Hi I will wait until the weekend. No unfortunately I don't have a partner and my youngest is 2.5 years. Thanks again for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.