im type 2, do everrythin g right, yet my blood count 8 or 9, used to be in the 6 range

Posted , 3 users are following.

im  type 2, exercise each day, take my medication, eat right food, yet my blood count in thje 9 range,what can i do to lower it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

For many T2 is progressive and there comes a time for many that Inuslin might become necessary (not for everyone, but for many). So it might be something that you need to look into for yoruself and talk it over with your medical team. 

That being said depending on what your stress and other emotions can also effect your glucose levels over all, I've found. 

• Posted

thank you, went to my doctor today,and she mentioned i may have to go to type 1 diabetes, but  perhaps you are right, im maybe  over stressing things,as I have always been very healthy and active.Is tghere such a thing as an insulin pill, rather than the injecting ??
    • Posted

If you are T1 then you will have had a test dun that confirms you have a auto immune condition becuase you can't be a T2 and go to being a T1 its impossible, the best is that you are a T2 who needs insulin as the two conditions are not the same in their development or factors. 

There is a tiral currently for inhaled insulin, but its not covered by most insurances in the US and I'm unsure if its in the UK as I know its not fully here in Canada as yet. Other wise insulin is injected, might not be fun or great but you get use to it over time. I'm needle phobic but I inject a min of 4 times a day upwards of 10+ in a day depeding on whats happening and what my numbers are. 

• Posted

thamks for info. Im taking B12 injections now,looks like Im back to normal.My doctor didnt mention it the last time I was there,as she omce said I may have to have injections, b ut my AiC test shpows im n pretty good shape.havew a great 2017

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.