im worried

Posted , 8 users are following.

i dont understand how acid reflux could cause symptoms like they do...i started with acid a couple of years ago.i also started getting chest pains a couple of years ago..i still get them now.top left of chest and left side of rin cage along with the odd stabbing pain here and there. constantly clearing my throat.pain between shoulder blades and neck and headaches..ok.these pains arent severe but how could reflux cause this.a single tube running from throat to stomach.what exactly is reflux.??.i tend not to bring acid up too much due to ranatadine and nexium but is reflux a diffrent symptom....its very difficult to get along with daily routines.theres also the anxiety and stress that goes with all this too.....any info would be great.thanks.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I am going through the same thing. I was diagnosed with acid reflux about 5 years ago and have been on and off the meds. Chest pain and the pains you described are happening again, but I can't remember if I had these before or not. I think I did and am hoping it's acid reflux or costochondritis. Or a combination of both. Sometimes it hurts a bit to take a deep breath too. I am back on the meds hoping it helps.

• Posted

yeah..anythin helps.as it stands now im not having any problems but that could change in the morning..its weird......trying to have a life and having this going on at the same time.my problem is i dont understand it..reflux, gerd, acid reflux silent reflux.....???.then all the diffrent symptoms too.its like one thing starts something else off and so on..thanks for reply.its good to know someone takes time to read and then tries to help.....good luck with your problems.
  • Posted

The oesophagus lies next to the vagus nerve. Any spasms etc of the oesophagus may be transmitted by that nerve. It is called the "vagus" nerve because it can be responsible for symptoms of vague origin. Pains may appear to be felt in locations other than their origin.

Do read the Down With Acid book. It is an encyclopaedia of everything about acid, reflux, complications and management, factual and fully researched and approved by consultant gastroenterologists.

• Posted

ok mr B....im gonna read the book.im hoping that the book can point me in a certain direction from maybe telling me the best foods to eat to what meds are a waste of time or to stop taking them.maybe even go further from day to day.thanks so much for your help and info.....
    • Posted

It's not what we eat but how we eat that's important.

Acidity of food is not the proble. Obviously if you find a food is a particular trigger for you, it should be avoided but generally the effect of the acidity or alkalinity of foods on the reservoir of highly concentrated hydrochloric acid in the stomach makes no difference.

There are certainly a number of charlatans and snake-oil salesmen who promote their own diets and theories but the bottom line is they want to sell you their products. (I include Norm Robillard amongst those. )

The book is comprehensive and has nothing to sell; it is attempting to save lives.

• Posted

I hear you and I feel your pain! Since August I have been experiencing globus in the throat and now Im having chest palpitations I would also like to know why this happens!
    • Posted

hi kathy...sorry to hear this but its all rocket science to me.try reading that book.

down with acid book....you may find some answers.

• Posted

stevieboy64 hi again, your not alone, i been going through what you've been going through. I can say that it is hard indeed.. Try to see an GI, that is the best thing you can do, tell them everything from top to bottom. The stress and anxiety does come with it yes, but you have to be strong...do let it get to you. the stress and anxiety does have a big affect with acid reflux..be at a peaceful state of mind. I've taken meds for acid reflux, but i find see its not always the way, i am currently off all meds, I am just sticking with my diet and drinking alot milk.....Find a GI and do a celiac/Ulcers test, this will help alot. it will get so many things off your head once you finish this test.. Hope you fell better !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.