Imbalance going on 6 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

If you saw my previous post talking about dizzy problems this is an offshoot if that. I've had what started out as dizziness going on 6 months now. However I've noticed in the past few weeks my symptoms have changed somewhat. Now I get occasional dizzy spells but am mostly off balance. It feels like I'm constantly being pulled right. Also when trying to stand still my legs involuntarily shift up and down. Since my last post I've been to the ER again (no help there) neurologist and a new ent. I was nervous that this is MS as my eyesight in my left eye is seeming weaker too but my ABEP test was normal as well as the mri the neurologist ordered finally. All blood work is still coming back normal including a diabetes test. The neurologist is stumped. The ent and neurologist no longer think its my inner ear. I also get leg pain mostly in my right calf but sometimes my left leg acts up too. I don't know if this is a symptom or just because I'm standing poorly (its uncomfortable putting weight

On my left leg so I mostly put all my weight on my right leg. When I do put weight on the left leg it triggers dizzy spells). Does anyone know what this could be? I'm at a loss I don't even know what kind of doctor I should go to next. The ent suggested seeing a cardiologist because it could be poor circulation ? Any ideas are appreciated. I'm so tired of living with this bizzare illness!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Apart from seeing a Neuro Otologist 'm not sure any others wld be much help tbh. I've given up in them all and now go for Bowen therapy that works in the muscles and nerves connections. By your description of left leg, you may benefit from this.  If you're in the US, just google Bowen Therapists for your area. Give it a go. It's gentle but effective i find.

• Posted

Are you finding the Bowen Therapy helping with your dizziness, Gillian?  I am thinking of going for Bowen to help with general aches and pains and off-balance.  Can you recommend?
    • Posted

To an extent i do. Because i've had it for years i'm never sure how much i have physically retuned myself. The dizziness isnstill tjere to a degree all thw time and worse when i'm tired or done too much.  But for balance yes. And my lady also thinks my neck has got something to do with it too, so,she works on that. She's good too, as she gives me exercises that help.the one   leg standing one is particularly powerful as it is sending muscular messages all way to brain. Whenever I'm feeling wirse for wear i do that one a few tomes and it does seem to help.  I also have arthritis and scoliosis, so she is helping me with that too!  I am a,never ending story,a haha!  I def recommend!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.