Imbalance with Fibromyalgia Syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone out there also have really bad balance/dizzyness, I went from a walking stick to a walker last month...I've had physio, where I learnt excersises for it- years ago..still the same..maybe worse..

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi christine26761.  I went to physio where, I also learned exercises.  From there I went to an exercise class for six weeks and was given a walker. I get dizzy if I have been sat in one place for a while, or from lying in bed then , get up quickly.  I also find if I have woken up late and rushing then, I have more episodes of falling over. Planning is key for me, taking the extra time to get up from chair or bed helps alot. 

Is there a particular time these symptoms appear?

Talk to your doctor about this as they may be able to help. I also had a panic button installed so I can get help quickly.  hope this helps.  Take care

• Posted

I have this all the time...11 years now...diagnosed with FMS 15 years ago..I'm not like this except when I'm asleep of course..just wondering if this is from the   FMS, seen a Nurosurgeon, he just sad it will go away as quick as it come..prob inner ear fluid has crystallised...didn't say anything about FMS.  I didn't tell him though..thought it was a separate thing, but my consultant seems to think it's the FMS??? who knows..as long as it's nit a tumour I thought at the time..
  • Posted

I think this could be the same thing I get but I explained it as "weightlessness" I feel like I have got the feeling I used to get to as a kid when the swing reached it's peak before changing direction to come back down again.

I even get it when I am lay in my bed.

• Posted

Hi there hun im an exdancing teacher and also proud of myself in keeping fit but now i have terribel balance and often my legs go on me i use a stick and when out use my mobilty scooter which i hate using im only 51 yet feel terribly old before my time, i eat healty just 3 proper healty meals a day dont drink or smoke never have, dont eat choclote or any sweets yeti know have bad ibs bad Fibro, heart disease, copd terrible arthritis in wrists knees and back and shoulders and have a blood disoreder called myleadydisplacer that affects my red blood cells by bone marrow so going through hell at moment living in daily pain i get 1 hours sleep a night if lucky, im waiting for referal to pain clininc and physo, my balanca is shocking i have already fallen down my stairs 3 times and broke my toes twice now and fractured my wrist twice im now waiting to be moved to a ground floor falt or bunglow as my house is too dangerouse for me, be careful hun some mediation can make you dizzy and loose balance and so does a slient inner ear infection also get your bloods checked as your iron or b12 could be running very low

Good luck to you hun

all the best

Cherl

• Posted

The meds I take are ok...mainly I take non prescription meds...

I have been told by a neurosurgeon after he checked me that it was probably the fluid in the inner ear had crystallised, although this was good news it was nothing sinister,,,this was 10 years ago now..and I'm still like it..just wondered if others out there with FMS suffered from the same !! 

I feel for you, I have arthritis too especially in my neck and hands...had

i get enough sleep too so that's great...cartledge removed from knee too as it was torn and bone on bone...ouch, good now..but feels a tad odd...

..really hope you get the ground floor unit soon, I just can't do stairs at all..thanks for replying...

• Posted

Hi there no i can have good days but about 10 hours a day night and daytime. my inner ear has been checked bloods all checked they rekon they dont know why its happeneing and when i collapse it can take up to an hour before i get feeling back in legs so very scary but at the moment no one has any answers for me
    • Posted

It's awful when the professionals just don't know what it is...stay strong..
  • Posted

my balance is bad because sometimes my legs feel kinda of numb 

feel a bit like when u see a new foal trying to stand .but when i get walking they feel stronger but when i go out i always take my stick or someone to hold on to ,

i get dizzy to if i stand up to quick or get to cold , or to tired or when i need to go to the loo which all leeds me to think its circulation .so i am going to try and move more .  i have noticed if i go to bed late i tend to feel drunk ,dizzy and have to place my hand on the cupboard net to my bed to trick my brain it normaly works .

• Posted

Know what you mean about your kegs feeling numb..unfortunately my dizziness and imbalance is constant...just wondered if others had it too with their FMS...thanks for reply..
    • Posted

theres a product CALLED DR KINGS HOMEOPATHIC REMEDY 

FOR NAUSEA AND AND MOTION SICKNESS IT A SPRAY . I HAVNT USED IT BUT IV USED OVER THERE PRODUCTS WITH GOOD RESULTS. IT MIGHT BE WORTH A TRY .AND AT LEAST IT WONT HURT YOU IF IT DOSENT WORK . ID SEE A CHIROPRACTOR OR A NAUTRIONLIST . GOOD LUCK.

• Posted

I have tried many natural remedies to no avail, as well as prescription meds for dizziness,  however I was seriously thinking of going to a chiropractor...thanks for the reply..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.