Immunotherapy (Allergy Shot)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I am 25 years old 

I have been on allergy shots cause I found out like last year I was allergic to dander, rats and rat poop and ragweed and other crap but I’m taking Zyrtec once a day and I feel a little better then before last year. Just wanted to ask people who have done immunotherapy and see if it’s work cause I’ve been on it and sometimes it makes me tired and maybe I feel a little asthma but not a lot I don’t know I can’t tell... but let me know if you guys have had it and such! 

Thank You! 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I too am taken allergy shots. it took me a long time to get to the maintence phrase because of the exact reason u mentioned it made me tired. I have finally gotten through the maintence phrase for about 9 months now. although I feel slightly better I have not gotten any consistent relief.  some people I have spoken too have gotten great relief from allergy shots.  like anything else I am surmising this will effect people differently and some will respond quicker than others  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.