Impacted ear wax

Posted , 4 users are following.

about a month ago I noticed that my left ear wasnt popping back when I slept on it. I made an appointment for ear irrigation with my local nurse.  I applied olive oil to my ear for about a week and then went for the procedure.  Unfortunately the wax was too impacted and I was referred for microsuction.  That didn't work and went back to the Drs who referred me back for another microsuction.  In the meanwhile I went to my local hearing centre at Boots and the audiologist attempted to scrape the wax.  No joy! I'm back to putting the olive oil again and waiting for another appointment for microsuction.  In the meanwhile I'm profoundly deaf in one ear with horrible tinnitus and feel like I'm under water.  Can anyone give me hope that this will resolve eventually.  I have extremely narrow and bendy ear canals apparently .  Here hoping I will get some helpful advice.  It's seriously affecting my health...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, have things got any better for you?

I have impacted earwax too. Really crap thing is blocked ears start off my health anxiety and panic attacks, so it's like a double whammy! Have tinnitus in that ear too, I feel what you're going through, it has a massive effect on mental health.

Doctor gave me sodium bicarbonate ear drops to try and soften the wax, thought I'd say this to you as might be something you can possibly try? I truly hope this gets sorted for you as I know what this can do to a person, keep your chin up!

Kirsty x

• Posted

I'm currently undergoing the SAME thing. I flushed practically ALL of the ear wax out of my left year, which feels stuffed/ clogged and ringing. I woke up one morning and BAM! it was clogged and NOT popping. It been two months and I'm gravely scared that my ear will be like this forever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.