Impacts on my Spine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all ! I suffer from my back since 4 years and i would ask some question.... if someone can help me because i need to know, what are the impacts on my spine and what would you recommend me... I really need you, i can't practise sport because i am scared

thank you for your reply... 

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Camille, have you had any tests done on your spine? Like an x-ray? They usually start out with an x-ray. Then if they find anything, they will probably do an MRI or a CT scan. That's probably where you have to start. Have you been to a spine doctor or a pain management doctor.  IFyou go see an orthopedic surgeon, they will want to do surgery. Probably best to start with a pain management doctor if you are having pn. They wlll probably order x-rays.


    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Camille,

      It's hard to say what would be a best posture for you until you know what is causing your back pain.  I'm sure once you see the doctor they will probably recommend special exercises for  you today.  Since you are already an athlete, I would say that until you know what exercises you should be doing, that you should refrain from doing anything that DOES hurt.  For example, if it hurts to lift weights over your head, then you should probably either lower your weights or the number of reps until you are feeling better.  I know it's hard to cut back.  It sounds like you are used to being in good shape, and I know it's scary to have this pain, but until you go to the doctor, you don't really know.  It may be something that is easy to correct.  My boyfriend flew a disc doing weight lifting years ago and pinched a nerve really bad.  He had a minor back surgery, recovered quickly, and at age 67 he is sitll lifting weights, and he is in great shape!

      So hang in there!  Let me know what the doctor says.


      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Camille!

    I am so sorry that you are suffering. I know some believe that you should start with a specialist, but all that will do is either have you on a bunch of drugs or order you to surgery. You can start by having a conversation with your general practitioner.....he or she can order the appropriate tests, ie. MRI, CT scan or x-rays. You may have to undergo many, many tests depending on your symptoms. Good posture DOES help, but some things are beyond posture. My prayers are with you!

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up