Impetigo is back!! help please

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello

I had impetigo about a 8 weeks ago and thought it had gone away for good (also had a very mild dose of it a month previous) but it is back. sad

This is making me really depressed and self conscious, I know it's cosmetic but I don't want to leave the house. I feel disgusting!!

I'm a clean person. I'm 21yr old student living in england and I don't understand it.

I went to the doctors earlier today and he was pretty useless. As I was self conscious I put makeup on my face (as I wouldn't have left the house otherwise) and he had a go at me. He looked at the marks on my body and said it's insect or animal bites.

But as the day has gone on it's got worse and has spread to my chest, arm and neck and scalp :cry:

I think it must be impetigo, it really itches and I feel ugly. He's given me Flucloxacillin antibiotics. I had these last time but it the impetigo was not as bad. Will these work and how long will it take to heal

PLEASE HELP

thankyou x

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Emna . I also have similar issues . Please read my last post .What the doctors gave me didn't help much . It can take a while to shift. But I use Detol and dab it over the area . It seems to keep it at bay . I put a cap full in my bath . And dab it on to the effected area maybe 3 -6 times a day . Then wash it off . It seems to work for me . I hope this maybe if some help .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.