implantable nerve stimulator

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi:

I have been reading some of the information on the St. Jude nerve stimulator. The problem I have is that my doctor wants me to have an MRI. I can't take it because I have a nerve stimulator which was inserted about 10 years ago. The unit never worked like it was supposed to by reducing the pain of my lower back but it did work on my legs. I lost the controller which is an Apple iPod and when I did have it, it couldn't be set to the correct position to turn off the device to have the MRI. I did notify the representative of St. Jude and he was unable to turn it off. He told me that the most likely cause would be that the leads inside my body could be at fault. My question is; does anybody else here have the same problem? I am not exactly sure what to do.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.