Implantation or Pill?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm pretty good with taking the pill but my last period ended 30Dec. Then skipped the period after that. But 18 days ago my partners condom broke and he cummed inside me and 2 days later I missed the second pill (starting the new pack) doctor did say that was my fertile time when it broke. But a week after it broke which now would be 10-11 days ago we did more unprotected sex. And again I accidentally missed the pill 2 days ago. I have had cramping since from one ovary to the other but mostly in the middle, sore lower back and peeing a lot. Yesterday and today ove had brown discharge and not expecting my period till next week so not sure wether this is because ive missed 2 pills or if this is implantation spotting? I took a test this morning but it was negative? I have been so.sick but not vommiting so is there a high chance im pregnant? Am I getting too worked up about jt? When is the best time to test.? Sorry this is so long but just need advice asap

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, but it doesn't sound like you're "pretty good with taking the pill" if this is twice you've forgotten your second pill. It's one thing to forget just one pill (assuming you're on the combined pill) and take it the next day as advised- but missing 2 two days in a row does warrant you using protection for the next 7 days otherwise your risk of pregnancy is no less than any other fertile woman.

I would take a pregnancy test 3 weeks after you last had unprotected sex. If it's negative, take another test a week later just to double check.

I'd suggest if you're not going to remember to take your pill, or bother to use protection when you have forgotten it, I would see a nurse about getting a long acting reversible contraception (LARC) like the implant or the coil. 

Your feelings of sickness is probably just anxiety because you're paranoid about being pregnant. In the meantime here's some advice on your pill which I'm not sure your GP or sexual health clinic explained to you;

If you're on the combined pill and forget one pill, you can take the missed pill as soon as your remember it within a 24 hour period (so no longer than when your due to take your pill the next day, even if that means taking the two pills together) and you will remain protected. If you forget two pills in a row however, take only the last missed pill and your next pill (meaning you throw away the first missed pill and just take your last missed pill and your next pill) and then use protection for the next 7 days. Frankly, I don't care if the excuse is that condom's feel crap. It's only 7 days and then it's up to you to remember your pill to ensure you don't need to use condoms. Trust me, they won't feel as crap as giving birth or having an abortion because of negligence that is easily avoided.

Sorry if this reply seems harsh but I find that playing it nice with people who don't act responsibly only go on to commit the same mistake again if they're 'reassured' that it's okay rather than be given some harsh truths. Please be more careful in future. 

• Posted

I am pretty good with taking my pills but my antidepressants got changed so made my memory out of wack for a few weeks but thanks for the advice
    • Posted

Sorry if off topic, but do you mind me asking what brand of antidepressants you're on, the pill and antidepressants were the two things alone let alone combined together that killed my sex drive and made it near impossible for me to feel aroused enough to even achieve sex, so I'm amazed that you're on both of these but still able to get in the mood to have sex regularly with your boyfriend.

I've been meaning to talk to a Dr about changing types (as they don't seem to be working) so would love to know what brand I could ask for if it seems to have less of an effect on libido (which I thought most if not all antidepressants were renowned for) it's in part with why I got a coil instead of continuing to take the pill, feeling too depressed that taking a pill every single day but only have sex once a month seemed redundant. At least you can just forget about a coil sad

• Posted

Ive been on 6 different meds I'm now on 'Elaxine SR 75mg' i haven't been on it for too long so cant tell if its working for my panic attacks.. When I first started antidepressants i didnt have a bf at the time and definitely wasnt in the mood for anything didn't wanna be touched at all so I know how you feel. Only concern for me is i always think these tablets much up the effectiveness of my pill

• Posted

Nowadays, antidepressants don't have any such effect on the pill. I'm sure your Dr would warn you if he thought otherwise anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.