Important CFS/ME Study Results Published

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hope this doesn't sound too esoteric, but some pretty amazing research results were published in a U.S. medical journal today. These results show chemical changes in immune cell DNA from CFS/ME patients.The article says that this field of research holds promise for diagnostic biomarkers and potential treatment for CFS/ME. In other words, it's not in our heads. So take that, Dr. Wessely. Dr. Wessely believes that there is a psychological basis for CFS, and the NHS in the U.K. uses his ideas of CBT and GE (graded exercise) as a basis for treatment.

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

THANKX Jackie.. 

Nice  to know that I am lazy because it now a real Dx..

i remember the same thing with FM . now their r rhumy's who specialize in FM TREATMENT. 

• Posted

Hi Jackie 

Just read the article. Very interesting reading!

Also got a link to Solve ME/CFS initiative(USA)!

Excellent info and was really interested in the clinical trials

but $50 won't cover the airplane fare to New Yorksad!!

But will add this website to my list of favorites!

Perhaps the International Space Station could make use of Dr Wessely's

services and keep him up there for say 20years!!twisted

• Posted

SolveCFS, formerly The CFIDS Association, is perhaps the main advocacy organization for CFS/ME in the U.S. 
  • Posted

Hi

Does anyone have a link to the article?

If it's not this paper then here is another interesting recent publication:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0104757

• Posted

I tried to post a link to the article, but don't think this site will let me. Yes I see that you, ST170, have successfully posted a link to the same journal! 
    • Posted

So, ST170: I check the link you give, and that is the very article I was mentioning. The SolveCFS organization here in the U.S. posted this article on their website.
  • Posted

A light at the end of this crazy long tunnel. If we get a test then were on our way smile at least they can then sort us better... haha.. Im sure there must be many variations with this disorder.  Not only that it will finally poke a huge finger in the eye of all the non believers smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.