Important news for you foodies...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Did you know that Wetherspoons states on their menus which food is 5% fat or less and also how many calories are in things?  I went last night to my local and was really pleased.  I had the bean chilli which is made out of quorn.  it was served with rice and was delicious.  There are a few other choices too.  I think egg noodles and a salad or 2.  Don't worry I don't work for the company.  I was just so pleased to be able to go and have a meal out and know what I was eating!  Enjoy! 

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's really good!

I caused such a fuss in Harvester last night :-D

I ordered simply chicken, jacket spud and swapped buttered peas for mixed veg. I requested no oil or butter be used to make my food "for health reasons".

The waiter put my order through as such (I saw) but it came out with marinade and oil on the GRILLED chicken. I ate my veg, ate the spud and filled up on salad but refused to eat the chicken - which, being the main component of my meal, was disappointing. I refused to pay as I felt like my request was dealt with in disgust by the kitchen - they told the waiter "If she wants things made her way tell her to eat at home." !!

• Posted

Good for you.  You'd specifically requested how you wanted the chicken cooking. If they couldn't provide that then they should have told you at time of ordering.
  • Posted

But the chilli was still nearly 11g of fat in total!
    • Posted

Interesting I hadn't looked at total fat. I'm still happy with that tho as we can have 15g per meal.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.