Impossible: Infested with inflamed hair follicles!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Am desperate for any help. 67yr old male developed a serious scalp disease over last year. when it got bad I went to dr. and told him thought had bugs under scalp. Could feel something moving under scalp and eventually to other parts of body internally. He. biopsied scalp and said no bugs and started insinuating it was mental. went to 4 more dermatologists trying to prove were real but not one agreed. Finally i just accepted I was delusional. Not long after things improved. My scalp healed I did not feel movement under it nor in other body parts. About a weeks ago It returned and was 10x worse. NOW I HAVE THESE FOLLICLES EVERYWHERE!!!

They are in my ears,eyes,lips,nose,cheeks,chin,has,forehead,neck all the way to even the bottoms of my feet!! I'm on bactrim cream and oral and topical steroid but just for 2 days

Has anyone even heard of this happening? I probably have 500 in my scalp bed and untold numbers throughout my body and now are starting to sting me all over. I have call in to Dr but am afraid they are going to kill me

How can this even be possible??

any info greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

try tea tree oil, honestly better than some of the stuff they put in them creams!

• Edited

when was the last time you had blood test? Like a full workup. Have you noticed if it is triggered by anything you do, eat, environment ect? Can you recall if there is a correlation between this time and the last time? Extracurricular substances? How's your gut? You mentioned when you accepted what the doctors said that they went away?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.