Impossible lethargy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi so I've actually always dealt with a lack of energy. I remember even in my teen years I'd find myself too tired to complete certain tasks most other kids would do. It got worse when I was in my mid twenties, if I didn't get up to brush my teeth two hours before I'd normally go to sleep, I'd be too tired to get up and do it. Now that I'm 29, I'm having to virtually completely stop drinking alcohol and forget about medical cannabis. I just started drinking green tea, taking kelp supplements for iodine, honey, and making vegetable/fruit smoothies but haven't really noticed any effect. I do plan to include other things as I can afford them which brings me to asking you, what would you recommend for someone with such a lack of energy? I'd also like to ask, why would I be experiencing this at such a young age? I see older people going through a complete work day plus chores while I'm not even getting in my daily routine.!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ahhhhh mooncat I am also 29 and was put on Sertraline last october because Ibwas anxious/depressed which was meant to help kick me the right direction instead I gained about 15lbs and the vicious circle makes it alot worse - cant be bothered - end up snacking /takeaway then sleep and so on.

I have this last week tried doing more but now i sweat like I have just had a bath makes me even more down which makes drink/food a good potion

• Posted

have your thyroid tested

it maybe operating at the low end of range or below

taking viamins and suppliments can then help it optamize

• Posted

How much exercise do you get? A lack of oxygen can lead to lack of energy. Its often self fulfilling as you dont feel like exercising ,so you dont make the effort, and so you dont take in more than the basic amount,so you feel tired and so on.

Try to make yourself at least go out for a power walk every day, and deep breathing at the same time. If you can progress to a light jog then so much the better.You may be amazed at how much more energy you have. Start with a 5 minute walk then 10,then 15 and so forth. It may make you feel dizzy at first,but that is just the oxygen hitting your brain. Give it a go.

Well done for stopping the alcohol and medical cannabis.You are doing great to look at a healthy diet so your gut will benefit. Think of your lungs as well. Fresh air is completely free

• Posted

Very little, the only exercise I get is from chores. I am actively trying to get some exercise in as well as starting some my physical therapist has me doing. I'm disabled so I'm always in bed. Gonna start trying to get a few jogs in a week and some sit ups. Any work out that require my arms cause too much pain. Ya I live in the mountains so more outside air would be great on my lungs. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.