Improved depression on Sertraline

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am on my day 5 on Sert 50. I have also been on Venlafaxine for 10 weeks and it helped with anxiety but not my constant depressed mood so my doc added Sertraline. So far I have had slight anxiety and insomnia but Sert gives me more energy. When can I expect improvments in mood? Has anyone felt improvements in mood after 3-4 weeks?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey I've been on 50mg sertaline for 6 weeks now and it's done nothing for me but heighten my anxiety!! I thought I would be feeling better by now but no my heart rate is galloping I'm constantly thinking I've got a terrible illness ie headache = brain tumour upset stomach = bowel cancer.... racing heart = heart failure it's driving me insane!! I just want to wake one morning and feel normal instead of constantly worrying.... I'm thinking I need a higher dose of sertaline but worry about more of the horrible side effects dark thoughts etc!! I really hope sert starts working for you because for me it hasn't!

• Posted

Do you suffer with anxiety and depression too? My main problem is severe depression and anxiety is more related to the fact I am feeling depressed.

• Posted

Im not suffering with depression I'm suffering with severe anxiety it's at a point where it consumes my life.... however im in Cyprus at the mo and even having a few drinks makes my heart race so tonight I'll be away all night because my heart rate will be racing over 100 bpm.... it's freaks me out i just wish i could relax and enjoy my life !@

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.