In a constant dream state

Posted , 9 users are following.

Do any of you ladies feel like you're in a constant dream state. Like you feel you're outside your body all the time?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes yes yes....just wondering when will i wake up from this nightmare. 😪

• Posted

I think it's called a dissociative state. Happens when one is under extreme stress, and what women experience during menopause is very stressful. I think what your mind is trying to accomplish is to get outside your body, which can't be controlled.

• Posted

So interesting you hqve observed this and its describes me a lot of the time. Im dealing with depression an just feel in my own world observing others, but not part of who i used to be. In a numb state

Yes a dreamstate

good way to describe i

• Posted

Hi wildfire, I use to feel like I was in some kind of constant dream state not really there it's awful to feel this way as you said out of body like your not there..all this crap goes with time,keep going hugs.

• Posted

Hi Maria, how long did it take for these symptoms of out of body to go? 

Joanne x 

• Posted

Hi, with me about 3 years but remember everybody timing is different menopause can l last up to10 years, as periods die down the crap too dies down.
    • Posted

Don't worry it will go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.