In a walking boot couldn't be more miserable

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else feel as low as I do

Had cast off Friday in a boot now can walk with the crutches for 3 weeks (no surgery)

I just feel really down and completely useless at the moment I feel I'm never gonna be able to walk properly again n get myself in a state

Doctor said I'm healed but need to have the boot for 3 more weeks and walk with the crutches. I just seem to put all me weight into the crutches and. One into my foot. I'm really struggling to cope with it having a really bad day. The boots uncomfortable and is rubbing on the swelling.

Does anyone else feel as useless and as low as this. Will it get any better I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel and feel I'm never gonna be able to put weight on my leg again. For the next 3 weeks I have to use crutches to walk please someone tell me it gets better. I have 2 children aswell 7 and 2 and I'm finding it really hard to do anything with them out of the house. I have a lot of help but I've never felt so alone 🙁

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi lisa..  Its horribly uncomfortable isnt it..   It seems like you are suffering more from depression than anything hun..   Being incompacitated has its own grief BUT to have 2 young children on board is another thing..    3 weeks could appear to be 3 months hun..   Do you have girlfriends who could be invited around for a coffee?..  Perhaps someone can take you out for a drive to a nearby playground where you babies can have a run around?      Really do understand where you are coming from..     Im grateful for family & friends who could give me some respite at least 2 times a week..    I do hope that you can find some respite for yourself sweetheart..       Hope you are well soon & days pass quickly - HUGS

• Posted

Oh lisa. I so feel for you. It's must be so difficult with you having 2sml children too. I'm 8 weeks today since my fall and I had my sat off last Friday where I'm now in a boot for another 4 weeks. I've had surgery and plates n screws in on both sides of my ankle. The fear that goes through my mind when walking is high. Yes it's painful and yes my foot swells up and the aching I'm getting these past 2dsys have been bad. But did get told by consultant that I would get all of this, so knew what I had to come. I only keep my boot on when I need to get about (I don't go out unless I have to) but have been getting dwn stairs on my bum then I use ? to pull/foot walk about which knackers me. At 60 I don't have children around so just have to see to myself Reay. But I have hot my 18 yr old son who has been my rock. But now I'm pushing and I mean pushing myself to start to do things for myself and for him, although not that often!! I have good days n bad days where I'm really down and fee sorry for myself, but they getting less as time goes on. You will get there but it will take time. I know at the moment that time can't come fast enough for you with yr babies around you. But hang on in there. Chin up.... Sandra x

• Posted

Thanks Sandra. I just find it hard to do certain things while still using crutches. I'm so independent normally that this has really knocked me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.