in afib again this morning

Posted , 9 users are following.

need suggestions. 2nd episode in 34 days. pretty good but still sick of it. i tried vagel maneuver. ER doc said dunk head in cold water. anything else?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lucky You smile I get it every 2 or 3 days. Heart rate 160 180BPM and higher when I'm in flutter. Had it for 15 Years. 

Very debillitating but you need to try and relax when you get it. Sit or lie quietly, keep well hydrated, 

Are you on Beta Blockers or something like Flecainide?

I usually take Plecainide as PIP (Pill in Pocket) I take one 50mg with warm water and chew it so it disolves quickly, Then after about four hours I take another one the same way. If you are still in AF after about 8 hours I take a Beta Blocker. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Buddah...ugh chewing Flecainide! There are degrees of AF I suppose as we can see above. Eventually I recognised I had reached the end of the road. I was effectively disabled any activity was impossible, ( the thought of riding out a trot oh dear!) Flecainide in quite large doses not longer worked as a PIP strategy. I was in danger of going into permanent AF where a catheter ablation would have not have such good success rates. I was lucky to live very close to the London Cardiac ablation centre....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.