In after meniscus surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

6 weeks out and still having pain. Is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

It seems like everyone heals differently. Mine still hurts and had surgery may 12th but I had a lot of damage. I was walking 6 weeks later and working 8 weeks later.  I'm sure it will be better soon.

• Posted

Thanks so much.  I really think I've just been on mine too much.  Sounds pretty normal to be still having pain tho.  From the way my Dr talked it sounded like I should be pretty good by now. So I'm thankful that this doesn't seem to be the norm. 

Thanks again for taking the time to answer. 

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you’re still in pain. I guess it depends on how much pain you’re in? Uncomfortable or unbearable? Everyone is different of course, but I would say that from what i’ve been through & also hearing from other people who’ve had similar ops, knees take a lot longer to heal than any of the docs ever say! I had a large portion of medial meniscus taken out at the beginning of June and whilst I then had a few other things happen to delay my recovery, I would still say 6 weeks is still relatively early. I know a lot of the info says people will be back to ‘normal within’ 6-8 weeks, but I think this is a very conservative view! Some lucky ones are back to work and sport by then, but a load of us take a lot longer. If you are worried & it’s severe pain then definitely get back to your doctor to check? 

• Posted

Thanks for taking time to answer.  My knee pain is not unbearable and some days are a lot better. I probably should stay off of it a little more. But it sounds like it is not uncommon to be still having pain. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. 

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.