In agony 2 weeks with stomach n back

Posted , 5 users are following.

2 weeks ago I woke up in agony with my lower right stomach area and lower back centre to right. Radiating to my hip. I ended up in hospital fri (now wed) was in fri to sun had ct scan and ultrasound but nothing seen.  It almost feels like back labour, well yesterday the back pain has went to the left side aswell now. So now doubled over with lower back right to left right lower pelvic/ stomach area. I've also not been to toilet for 5 days now but pain started before that stopes. Plz plz plz help what am I missing?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi teresa39980,

Your symptoms sound very similiar to mine! I too have a lot of belly pain on the right side. My pain is near the groin area and undervthe right rib. It is also in my lower AND mid back/hip also near the shoulder. I went to the ER and they tested my blood and performed a CT scan.....they were both normal. I even had an ultrasound....IT showed nothing! It was not until I saw my gastrologist and she ordered a HIDA scan and there the culprit was----> gallbladder issues! I was happy and said at the same time. Happy they found something to explain this agonizing pain and sad because she told me it needs to come out. I have a second opinion today with a surgeon. I'll keep you posted if you like? Hang in there :-).

• Posted

Ah thank u so much some1 had said to get it checked. I can't move thismorning even breathing is intensifying the back pain please let me know what your outcome is xx

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I pray you feel better! I will let you know my results. Try to rest and take it easy. I've found that eating very light makes me a little less uncomfortable.

• Posted

Try a stool softener and fruit to help you to go to the toilet.  The psin could vbe coming from constipation.  If I don't go to the toilet for five days, I get stomach pain too.  If no better after this, see your doctor.

• Posted

The pain started over a week before I stoped going to loo tho, that has only been recently x
    • Posted

Does the pain come on after eating?  Maybe try a food diary.
  • Posted

I suffered for a year and a half with the same pain, it was always worse after eating. I went to emergency room several times. My blood work was always normal. Finally after 8 different diagnostic tests, they found 1 gallstone that was causing all my pain. They removed my gallbladder 2 wks. ago and I am finally pain free. Ask your doctor to do a hidalgo scan. Good luck, let me know the outcome.
    • Posted

Yes I'm waitin on doc ringing back st some point this afternoon I'm going to ask thank u

• Posted

Have you been taking codeine based painkillers for the pain?

I’m guessing this is causing your constipation.

Hope you find a solution soon

• Posted

Yes that's what's made me block up lol was on fri n sat in hosp I've spoke to the hospital were I was and I'm to go back through AnE 😧

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.