In bed for week

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been in bed for well over a week this time. I normally spend to or three days a week in bed sleeping. This last week has been very different I slept three days without even getting out of bed. Now the last few days I have been rolling around the bed in  uncontrollably pain shaking and crying. If I were a dog they would have put me down without fail. I don't know where to go from hear spoken to the dr this afternoon who told me to stay with the patches of tramadole and stop the gavbapentin to take two sleeping pills tonight and see what happens in the morning. Does any of this sound the same as you if so what has happened! Did things get any better or not. Has anyone ever got back to how they were or even close? When I am in great pain I do think I would be better off not being hear at all my family don't really understand how much pain I am in. I am ruining there life as well as mine. If I could go now they are all young enough to start again I want them to be happy I cannot be they deserve to be happy again. Sorry I sound so doom and gloom but that my life and it's not worth much

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Oh rose I feel for you totally . All the pills we take just don't cut it I no myself when I have a bad week I don't want to be here anymore my kids keep me going who are 1,12,16 ! I'm horrible to my partner of 15 years and I just want to be left alone most of time so it's putting a huge strain on everything! Today I have pain first time for few weeks but I have my period to which is just bloody agony! If your doc days stop the gabapentin then do Hun I'm on pregabalin and it does work

Lots of love xx

• Posted

I have been on that befor and it didn't do anything for me either do you know anyone that can have a near normal life? I wounded what it is like! Thank you for spending your time to read this and giving a reply. Xxx

• Posted

To be honest I do have a normal life well I try to make it normal ! I work full time and I'm a mum of 3. If I was at home all the time I would go insane work keeps me going and that's why I do it. I found when I had my youngest I stayed at home and I cried most days now I just crack on with work sometimes it's hard and I don't want to get up but we have to do what makes us feel ok X do you work ?

Do not give up Hun xx

• Posted

Hi rose1941

?I've read your post quite a few times now.  The first thing I advise is that your life IS worth something.  No matter how much you may feel your family does not understand how much pain you're in, I'm sure they don't want to be without you.  My family don't particularly understand my pain and problems, but, even though a tremendously high amount of time I feel useless, doom and gloom, etc, it's that tiny percent of me that thinks "sod this, I won't give up".  I also spend quite some time on forums and various sites putting my voice in and attempting to save animals.  For example, Facebook sharing.  I have an incredibly low opinion of myself, but reading other peoples' posts and "trying" to help, sometimes takes my mind off myself (but my pain never leaves me).  I've lost count of how much I feel I'm not worth much, either, through endless years of things going wrong, but I couldn't bear the thought of what would happen to my animals if I wasn't here to love them.  I won't bore you with all my doom and gloom, but PLEASE don't give up x

• Posted

I think this illness brings all those thoughts to us at some points, it does get better, however we mourn the life we used to have and without a cure we will not be the same as before, however once you accept this then you start to allow yourself to be ill, and try to cope as best we can. I really felt so tears when I read your post but honestly things will get better I promise, and try explaining to your family how this illness affects you. I got my family to read up on things I had downloaded about Fabriomyalgia. Since then they understand a lot more.
  • Posted

I feel for you too Rose, a have recently been through the same myself, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you do matter. The people around you don't want you to go, just because they don't understand what you're going through. It's always hard for well people to understand what it's like to be unwell everyday and to be in so much pain with no physical injuries. You will feel better soon and that will give you the strength to go on. Try your hardest to get some fresh air if you can. Just sit in the garden for 10 mins it helps me so much, listen to your favourite album or watch your best film, anything to help lift your spirit and the rest should follow. Imagine the pain isn't real and really believe it. These things help me get through, I hope they help you some how - keep in touch if you want, I hope your well soon - Pete

• Posted

I am up today but feel horrible not sure if this is my f m but I am scared feel sick,shaky,don't want to go anywhere just want to cry and go back to bed. O god I hope this doesn't last long. Most of the pain under control today and now this. My husband tries to understand but he just wants to carry on the same way. When I need him to help me in some way?

thanks for listening x

• Posted

This too shall pass Rose. I know it doesn't seem like it now but it will. Are you on an anti depressant sweetie? If not, see your doctor and maybe they can put you on a mild one so that you can cope better. As for your husband, men in general do show much empathy or cope with strong emotions that they cannot understand. He feels somewhat helpless Rose. They seem useless and uncaring at times, but it is usually just the opposite. They do care but men always want to find a quick solution. Men are from Mars and women from Venus sweetie. So don't surmise negative motives from him.  At least your pain is not as bad now. That is a plus. If you feel like crying, go ahead. Tears are a release. It is not always a negative. Things will get better my dear, believe me. Just stay comfortable and stop worrying. We tend to catastrophize when we are low. Our thinking can spiral down and we make mountains where there are only mole hills. I think you have anxiety too sweetie. So when you feel a bit stronger, get to your GP and get some help with that and your feelings of depression. We all go through these tunnels at times Rose. But there is light at the end of it. xx

• Posted

Hi Rose, Oh my goodness sweetie. We all feel the way you do at times. Just always remember that tomorrow is another day and it usually brings more hope if we just hold on. You are feeling depressed at the moment sweetie. Pain can do that to us. It makes us feel somewhat hopeless. But life is never without hope. We could all look back at when we were feeling well and concentrate on what we don't have anymore. But that is very counterproductive for us. We have this condition, but it could be worse. We could be living in a third world country where there is no sufficient medical help or living conditions. So try to count your blessing sweetie. And you do have blessings. You are just not seeing them because of your distress. And your family loves you Rose. They can't fully understand but that is normal. FM is complex. It is confusing to people. Just know that you are not alone Rose. Millions of women and even men around the world, cope with this chronic condition each day. You will too my girl! Never despair. You will have better days believe me! I have had this for over 35 years now. When I am feeling unwell I read more. Nice stories that upbuild. I stay away from stressful movies or sad entertainment. Life is hard enough. I am dealing with a depressed husband as well so that is a challenge in itself. So, one day at a time Rose. Just do the best you can and don't put unnecessary pressures on yourself. Warm hugs! Maggie xx

• Posted

Try to print off all the information you need that provides all the bad things this illness can give you, then try and get your family to read up on it so they have a better understanding of what you have to go through on a daily basis xx that's what I found worked for both me and my family. All the best friend

• Posted

How are you feeling Today Rose ?
    • Posted

Not as bad thank you I hope it will be the same tomorrow. How are you? 
    • Posted

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little bit better, I suppose that anything is an improvement from how you were feeling the other day, I not glad, I'm really happy for you, take one day at a time. I'm ok today thanks, managed to go out with my daughter for a bit, that's enough for me, I'm shattered now. Keep in touch if you want to, I'm always about to talk to, so you never have to feel alone. Be well rose. Chat soon - Pete

• Posted

Hi rose1941 Bless you I have spent weeks and months in bed in so much pain agony, so I understand how your feeling what your going through. do as the dr has surjested and go from their easier said than done but try to relax and not stress as that only makes matters worse. Things will and do get better hun youve got us on here to talk to so dont ever feel your alone your amongst friends on here at least we all know how each other is feeling and going through. take care gentle hugs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.