In DESPERATE need of help!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've always suffered with stomach issues. Whether it was severe constipation when I was younger to being diagnosed with acid reflux at 17 (I'm in my early 20's now!) it's always been a part of my life.

My symptoms have become so severe that it's beginning to interefere with my job, my relationships including my marraige, and it's taken over my life. I have become severely depressed and sometimes wonder if giving in to my depression will make the symptoms go away. 

My acid reflux seems to have stopped responding to any treatment. I've taken everything I can think of and am currently on rantidine to deal with the symptoms. However, it does not seem to work any more.

I wake up almost every morning with stomach cramps that often subside once I am up and around (similar to period pains). I will get random bouts of severe nausea with an intense need to go to the bathroom. I should get sick every time but because I have such a severe phobia of getting sick, I do everything in my power to not. I get horrible stabbing pains in the upper right portion of my abdomen as well as the rest of my abdomen. When I am bloated, there is a buldge to the left side of my belly button that is very prominent. I can rarely ever eat all of my food anymore as I feel full after just a few bites.

It's caused me severe anxiety as well. I have lost a total of 20 pounds (weighing at 130 to 110 and recently gaining 5 pounds on top of that). 

My current symptoms are 'the runs' which led to a severe case of nausea that I have taken both cyclizine and an anti-anxiety pill. But nothing seems to help. I always have a lump in my throat with the feeling of acid coming up. 

Sorry for my rambling but I am just sick to death of feeling this way. I've had a colonoscopy, multiple blood tests, and an ultrasound of my gallbladder. All my GP here in the UK has told me is that it is 'IBS' and I just need to deal with it.

I am tired of dealing with it and need help!!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

one painful aspect is when the doctor opens his/smelling mouth to tell you that it's in you head,some skrinks can be very annoying,went to see this wierld looking doc and all he could offer was an accusation that I was imagining IBS,of all good things in the world I decide to imagine abdominal pain right??? it pathetic of them,I pray. better therapist pup up
    • Posted

If your doctor tells you IBS is in your head, he is wrong.  IBS is a very real condition. I would change your doctor;  I saw eight doctors before I could get an IBS diagnosis.  One of them even asked me if I thought I had IBS and bluntly told me that my symptoms were confusing and she hadn't got a clue what was wrong with me!
  • Posted

one painful aspect is when the doctor opens his/smelling mouth to tell you that it's in you head,some skrinks can be very annoying,went to see this wierld looking doc and all he could offer was an accusation that I was imagining IBS,of all good things in the world I decide to imagine abdominal pain right??? it pathetic of them,I pray. better therapist pup up
  • Posted

you could try an exclusion diet, and then only eating organic foods. my view is that most supermarket vegtables have pesticide residues in them, and non organic meat is full of antibiotics, steriods, etc, which farmers use to fatten the animals. Then theres all the E numbers in processed food. The 'stone age' diet is said to be helpful. you could also speak to a herbalist. So many meds from your doc like anti-depressants  (st johns wort is a gd natural alternative) - will have neg. side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.