In desperate need of help in regards to BV

Posted , 5 users are following.

so i thnk i have BV, but i'm not sure what to do. i am currently studying abroad in south korea- so seeing a doctor- and one who speaks english at that- isnt such an easy thing. i'm not sure if i should just try taking an over the counter med like Rephresh or metronidazole (like one that i buy off a website online) or try to get to a doctor for a perscription. if anyone has any suggestions, please help sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, after suffering with bv for years and trying every remedy for it one day I decided to take some penicillin that my boyfriend had. I took one pill for three days. To my amazement the bv hasn't returned and it's been well over a year. However, penicillin kills good and bad bacteria so it did give me a rageing yeast infection but monistat cleared that up with no problem. I also use rephresh at least one a week just to make sure it stays away. Me and my partner have unprotected sex and it still doesn't come back. Hope this helps. Good luck
  • Posted

So sorry for your problems and being far away from home with it.  Have you been definitely diagnosed, or suffering from a bad infection???  You can try OTC stuff, it may help relieve symptms at tthe least.  Try to eat of a ton of good, organic yogurt.  Whatever you do, let your doc know wha tyou are trying.  There are interactions with OTC and RX drugs, so always look things up online before you do it.  Obviously you have a language barrier, so talking with a pharmacist may not be an option.   Don't know if you could find a really reputable herbalist there, perhaps they could come up with a tea or something, but always check ingredients too online.  Just be super duper careful over there, remember diseases are different from region to region, you want to be sure you are properly diagnosed, even if it means sending your samples back to the States. Always, always look up antything you try FIRST before you puit it into your body, you do not want to end up in hospital over there for sure!!!  Do take care of yourself.
  • Posted

Hi your doctor will prescribe you metronidazole anyway! He will either give u a gel or a tablet. Have the tablet as the gel you will have to insert a syringe inside of u. There is nothing to worry about bv is not a disease and is caused when the ph is not balanced properly e.G using soso for example down there can cause bv. A common symptom is a fishy discharge. I've learnt all about these things.
  • Posted

Was meant to say using soap* lol. Also bv can return in the future you don't have to stress be vase it won't kill you it can be easily cured. Go to the doctors and let him prescribe you the correct tablets which u must take for 1 week and NO SEX! As condoms and lubricant can cause the infection also. Be sex free for one week take the medication and you will be cured
  • Posted

Hi Victoria don't use any of those gels/creams. I have some tips that can help you. Every morning I take a probiotic vitamin for vaginal support with 50 billion strains. Also it's important your water intake is good. I don't take hot showers or hot baths, that sets off your PH. I use non scented special soap for the vaginal area, no other soap or body wash should be used there. What I also do if it starts acting up, I use plain chobani Greek yogurt that I eat and also place a tampon in a cup of it, let it saturate completely. I insert it overnight and take out in the morning. For someone who has it badly try 3-4 days of doing this and of course eating heathy. I hope this works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.