In desperate need to stop drinking

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am in desperate need to stop drinking . I have been to my doctor several times and have not really been offered much help. I have been drinking for eight years but managed to hold down a full time job and bring up two kids.. I had to give my job up 6 months ago and my drinking is at its worst ever. I see a therapist weekly and have been for a year due to a historic trauma which has helped a lot . We are now starting to concentrate on my drinking but i get so unwell if i don't drink for just a day . Can anybody advise me , i have come to spend the last of my savings so don't have a lot of money. Any advice would be so kind

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Go to AA free,get a sponsor,go into a rehab in a hospital hubby did that over 30 yrs ago still clean and sober, GO GET HELP!!!!

• Posted

You need help from proper alcohol services! I don't know where you live but I am in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and I go to the alcohol services there. You have to refer yourself so you don't need your Dr or therapist to do it! They might put you on librium to get you off the alcohol without withdrawals. They put me on antabuse which makes you really poorly if you drink on it. I think this is their no 0300 123 1201 They might be able to put you in touch with services near you if you're not in this area! There are also AA meetings you could go to for extra support if you wanted to. If you google it you might be able to find one in your area. Don't worry! You can do it! I have relapsed and am reducing the alcohol slowly. It really is a case of taking one day at a time! You can do this! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.