IN Dire Straights...hiccups

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi you good people. Thank you for being my sounding board. I had the most terrible form of harassment at work, so how do I keep strong. 

Cheers cK

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Be strong by reporting it and making sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

• Posted

Hi,

If the harassment is something you can report, collect evidence and report it

If it is just fools being sly and mean just tell them to keep their judgement to themselves and ignore them.

Luckily for me I hold nobody’s opinion valid unless it is that of my father brothers or children.. I simply don’t care what anyone thinks , says or does.. it is of no consequence to me or my life.. nobody else’s thought ever changed my day so I’d just say something like ‘ it is sad that you feel the need and find the time to be so judgemental.. your life must be so empty and walk away with a smile.

Seriously.. don’t waste a thought on people who don’t care about you,  good luck 

• Posted

I couldn’t agree more. Bully’s are cowards and when challenged crawl back under their stone.

With age comes wisdom (well most of the time!) I no longer care what anyone, family and real friends excluded, think of me, or say about me.

At the end of the day my family and my real ‘true’ friends are what matters to me, anyone else can pxxs off. Life is too short and precious to let some sados without a life bother me.

• Posted

It took me a long time to reach this stage and many wasted years, but I’m happy with myself now and don’t need alcohol to be assertive.
  • Posted

Report it and with evidence. I should have done it when it happened.
    • Posted

I have put in a formal complaint and went to the Dr to get a certificate of acute stress post abuse. However, I usually deal with stress by drinking more and that is a bit of a set back. I had such a good run, but i will get there again.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Ck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.