In Hospital

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Denise and everyone.

Just to let you all know I've been in hospital since Friday 26th October. Not with my MS, But a shattered knee, due to being rather stupid and claiming the ladder to clean upstairs window as birds had poo'd on it. Hence to say I fell off, was at home alone. Managed to get onto my bottom and shuffle into the house, and upstairs for my phone.

Rang Mother who was at work, and dropped everything to get to me. On arriving she said an ambulance mate, as your leg is the shape of a banana. So an hour later, we're in rhesus, having xrays, scans ect. Leg pulled into position as it was deformed, thank God for ketamine as I do t remember a thing. Mother watched everything. Then up to trauma ward, we're hopefully I will undergo surgery this week. I'll be having a cage fitted and it will be on for between 6 months and a year. Loads of physio to follow, really looking forward to that. Have to learn to walk again first though.

So due to being an idiot and not listening to mother and my partner, I'll be out of action for a good while. Just wanted you all to know I am still here. Can't offer advice mother said, as i can't take any from people who offer me any.

Hope your ok Denise, and still giving people your very good advice, pity I didn't let you know I was going to climb the ladder. What with having not use of my right arm, and balance + memory problems due to my MS. I might have listened to you.

Stay safe everyone.

Mark. XX

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How stupid are we, do we actually become invincible when we have ongoing health issues, i think we do, i climbed over a fence thinking it was a good idea,nope it wasnt of course it wasn't i have been on crutches since and cannot walk without and not far with 😃 next time ERM you will get a window cleaner because trust me you want be doing that again, i do hope you get better faster than they say but you probably want so keep us updated and God bless

• Posted

Oh bless you Mark, I really feel for you, as practically all of us do things we shouldn't do, unfortunately you are paying the priceI hope things improve for you very soon. Big hug x

• Posted

Thank's Sukes I'm on lust for surgery tomoro afternoon. One long hard slog after that, so I'll have to be on my best behaviour and do As I'm told. No more going up ladders. Funny thing is mother bought me a jet washer with extendable hose for cleaning windows. But I couldn't remember, what a dim whit I am lol.

Hope your well Sykes. X

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this Mark. Although it wasn't your greatest idea to climb that ladder. You should leave that sort of thing to a window cleaner. I do agree though, that we all try to do things we shouldn't or can't do. Hope things improve soon and you're not in hospital for too long, i hate those places. Take care Mark!

• Posted

Hi Denise.

Had surgery yesterday afternoon. Really in pain now, and had to have my boxers cut off, as obviously nothing will go over the frame. My partner is going to look for everything with wide legs, as i won't be able to wear my own clothes. Just hope once I'm up and about, the physio and gym work help to heal things quickly. And yes after this Denise I definitely won't be climing ladders any more. You take care. XXX Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.