In need of advice

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hey 

I’m 37 years old and have had shingles 25 times in the last 4 years I wok full time and have a busy family life. Every time shingles takes over stupid painful ridiculously tired.... the last time I had it, it went into my head and was horrible to say the least I’m on holiday and have noticed it’s effected the pigmentation in my skin on my back really bad. I’m worrying whilst trying not too that if it’s goes into my head again it will cause permanent damage??? Has anybody else had it in there head?? 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

So sorry to hear about  your struggle! It sounds to me like your life is overly stressed and from what I've learned perusing this site, stress can contribute greatly not only to a first time breakout, but recurrences as well. On another thread I learned that L-lysine is very beneficial - the suggested dose is 1,000–1,500 mg three times per day. Take at the very first sign of symptoms.

I got shingles on my forehead about 5 weeks ago. I woke up one morning to find 4-5 bumps (did not look like blisters at first) above my right eye. The week before I was nauseous, had a low grade fever, body aches, and fatigue. Six days after the painless, non-itchy break out I went to bed early - so exhausted, however, I was unable to sleep the entire night because I was in so much pain. I had an extreme headache which radiated from the rash. I went to the doctor next day and was put on Valtrex 1000 mg, three times a day for 7 days. I really feel like a dodged a bullet. I had a lot of swelling between my eyebrows (temporary fix for my wrinkles ha) and my right eyelid was swollen as well. Thankfully, the swelling went away within a few days and my rash is almost completely healed although I'm certain it is going to leave a scar. I am still somewhat fatigued but that is improving as well. 

I think its very important that you take good care of yourself. Get plenty of rest and eat healthy foods. As a rule I take a good multi-vitamin, with additional supplementation of vitamin c, magnesium, calcium, D3, and a pro-biotic.I drink a healthy smoothie every morning. I really believe that my healthy habits contributed to my quick recovery. Looking back over the few months before my break out, I was extremely stressed - it was my last semester of school, I was working full time, plus doing an internship on my day off. As women we find it difficult to take care of ourselves, but that is precisely what is needed. Best of luck to you Rachel smile

• Posted

Oh bless you it’s horrible isn’t it !! The problem I find is that life is hectic but with a family to look after and having to work to pay the bills I don’t really get what is supposed to change?? The boys have clubs we have stuff to do .. time is always running away, the less organised I am the more stressed I get it a vicious circle lol but that is what life is now days   I’m home from holiday now and have booked onto yoga and I’m going to have a little browse on you tube for meditation, Read books take long baths and try to have me time as much as I can.... I also take vitamins everyday and have a healthy diet I try to exercise everyday to be as healthy as I can which does help me as well I think... it’s a frustrating situation to be in... I wish you well and hope that was the last time for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.