In need of help to decide wether to start on hrt or try the alternatives

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Hope everyone is well.

OK its been 3 week now since I found out I'm peri and now I'm just about over the shock of it I have a decision to make. My doc want me to go onto a low dose of prempak-c to see how I go but I'm not sure if I want to be on hrt for the next 8 years or so.

If I use hrt does that mean when I come off them symptoms will start up again?

The things I'm finding the hardest right now is the flushes, night sweats, insomnia and the worst ever is the emotional side. One day I'm on a high looking forward the next I'm currled up not wanting to even get out of bed very depresse.so may need help with that if I'm unable to get on top of it.

Is there other options rather than hrt?

That will help with with flushes sweats insomnia and the emotional lows.

I know this is my decision and no one can make it for me but need help to decide. What was the choices you all made and how has it helped you. This is a hard decision for me to make. need help thank you all xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison

has you doctor told you what prempak c is ?  i bet not..

read below .. Its pregnant mares urine ... 

With so many safer alternatives on the market it seems unnecessary to still be manufacturing synthetic oestrogen from pregnant mare’s urine. Not only is it a cruel practice, but it is harmful to the health of the women who are prescribed it.

So, if your doctor prescribes you Prempak-C or Premarin, refuse to accept the prescription. You are under no obligation to accept it. Object on the grounds of animal cruelty and the fact that it is associated with higher risks.

Ask for bioidentical hormones (usually in the form of oestrogen patches) 

If more and more women refuse to take this product, there will no longer be a commercial reason to manufacture it. And that will not only benefit the health menopausal women around the globe, but those poor suffering pregnant mares as well.

and yes by taking HRT (hormone replacement therapy) you are replacing the hormones that naturally want to decline.. Thats your personal choice and yes when you stop HRT in the future you will be in peri menopause again as the body will again decline in hormones ..

whether you want HRT or a natural peri is a personal choice and can only be made by you, weigh up the risks etc ..

i had a natural almost 10 years peri ... i am age 50 and post menopause now..

only thing i use after a Gyno well woman check, scans etc ( Gynos are the best to see GPS in my opinion dont care or understand) is the kinder of all HRT and its Ovestin Estriol for vaginal dryness it doesnt go via liver as pill form and not from a pregnant mare ..

thats more a post menopause problem though.

at first i took rain forest Maca for a few years ..

my doc gave me Vit B6 aswell years ago.

i take many other things too

only you can decide but do your homework..

jay xx

• Posted

Wow really pregnant mare urine, deffinataly won't be having that type then. But yes I think I have a lot of research to do but its so confusing and hard to get my head around. Thanks xx
  • Posted

Hi Alison,

I started taking HRT some while ago > could be a year ago, anyway I don't really think it's been helping me. I have decided to try again without it........................

I am going to see if the advised supplements (re this forum) can provide the support my body needs. Taking magnesium, B12, B6, D3 etc...........................

I'll let yoou know how I get on,

Mrs Merm wink xxx

• Posted

Yes please do, it will be interesting to see the difference than you xx
  • Posted

Hi Alison do your homework and make your own mind up its your body. As jay says when you come of hrt you  will still go through the symptoms so no escape. Herbal remedies will work you just need to find what works best for you and what annoys you the most mood swings insomnia or hots then research what herb costs the one you hate the most. Good luck I'm doing the natural route as I can't use hrt and really prefer the natural route. Look at Marilyn glenvilles books on natural menopause she is brilliant. 
    • Posted

I will thank you. My doc is deffinataly pushing me towards hrt but I also know she will support me if I decide to go the alternate route to. Its a hard choice to make, and I won't be rushing into a decision. Want to be sure its right for me. Will take a look at that book to at be interesting thanks xx
    • Posted

Hi Alison 

doctors shouldnt push anything ..

HRT is something to learn about.. think about long and hard ..

doctors push HRT and antidepressants as if that is you sorted now  go away, type of attitude ...

Gynos ( especially mine) admired my almost 10 years natural menopause, and they are the ones to see.. gynos not Gps ..

cant believe yours pushed Prempak C and didnt even tell you it was from pregnant mares urine.. ( we are not horses) 

you will decide whats best for you personally..

maybe try the natural route and see how you get on..

with the help of supplements .. Then decide ...when you have had chance to research more about it ..

take care alison.. 

Jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.