In need of some Advice (Hsv2)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with Hsv2 for over 10 months now from a previous relationship ... Now that Im in a new relationship My partner and I has a very understanding and open relationship .He doesn't have any Stds whatsoever we always try to prevent having sex whenever Im on and outbreak and we always used protection so far he does have any signs ect.... My problem is that for the past 10mnths now its almost like every month im having and outbreak .... We are actually planning on getting married and starting a family but how do i stop getting frequent outbreaks so often? Are there any meds i can take even thou we are trying ..... ? Does anyone experience outbreaks every month or 2 weeks ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there are medication you can take . Valtrex is one if them. It prevents from spreading to your partner . And I believe it also prevents you from getting frequent out breaks. Some ppl take the pills for 30 days because they're sexually active.

• Posted

thanks hun but the doctors dont prescribe meds unless the outbreaks are really horrible they even told me that it not good to use all the time as there are side effects to it in the longer run to much of it can damage ur kidneys they said .... but tnx thou i appreciate the advice
    • Posted

I understand and it's true . Its common sense.I don't know why some ppl take it for 30 days . That will mess up your organs. From side effect. It gets to some ppl heads. Some ppl don't know how to deal with it.

• Posted

I take Zinc everyday was  diagnose with Hsv2 over 10 months ago had one bad breakout. I workout to manage my stress and try staying as healthy as possible 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.