In need of some more information. Can anyone please help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I am 30 years old and waiting for my operation in January to repair Rectocele and cystocele. Could anyone please give me some advice on recovery times etc......I haven't been given much info about it and starting to get worried now.

Thanks for reading

XXXX

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You have to understand this is major surgery so when you're discharged from hospital you will need to rest completely and no lifting, not even a kettle full of water for the first couple of weeks. After 3 weeks you can potter around at home or in the garden. At 4 weeks you can go for a short walk with someone with you. At 6 weeks you can drive and do more walking. No lifting for 6 months and no heavy lifting for 12 months. 
    • Posted

Thankyou so much for replying I'm starting to panic as I have 3 children and will need to make arrangements for them.
    • Posted

You will need help. Don't be frightened to rope family and friends in to help. I'm sure they'll be pleased to oblige. 
    • Posted

We really needed this advice matron as like me so many aren't given any post op info. This is a great help Thankyou. X
    • Posted

Thankyou, you've really helped xxx
    • Posted

hi there im near to 12 wks post opp can i hoover yet do u think 
    • Posted

You could hoover on a flat surface but you shouldn't lift the hoover upstairs for example.
    • Posted

as im a cleaner wot time scale wud u put on it do u think 
    • Posted

jackie you shouldn't lift anything heavy for 6 months 
    • Posted

what happens does it put pressure on the stitches 
    • Posted

Your stitches will have probably dissolved by now but if you stat lifting too early you'll probably end up,with another prolapse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.