In pain years after varicocele surgery!

Posted , 2 users are following.

October 2018 I went in for surgery on my right side. It’s been hell since. I’m now going on 3 years of chronic pain, swelling, redness. The pain radiates, spreads and worsens during physical activity (walking, sitting, lifting). The pain starts off where the surgery took place (on right side) then gradually spread to my right leg, hip, and around to my lower back. When my scrotum is tight my right testicle takes the shape of a cone. When my scrotum is lose the pain increases dramatically love I’ve been kicked in the balls. Surgeon wants nothing to do with me (was told that there is no reason to return to his office anymore because he did all that he could). Other urologist whom I visited have all stated that I’m untouchable now. Doctors won’t bother with me because I’m a potential risk factor for them getting sued. Never have I once mentioned suing anyone. I’m lost, don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve become extremely depressed throughout the passing years. Darkness is my friend. Light has become my enemy and I’m afraid that I’ve shadowed myself with so much darkness That I’ll never be able to see the light again. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hoping you're feeling better. Did you have any improvement in the pain?

My son had varicocele surgery six months ago and has been having nerve pain in his groin on both sides since. Do you know the cause of your complication? Is there anything that helped?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.