IN PERI AND AM HAVING SEVERE SHOULDER AND NECK PAIN........mainly left side.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I am 49, in peri and am on lo loestrin to hopefully level me out.  I am already in quite a few forums with most of you RE: our peri symptoms so here is my newest ache/pain/symptom. For about a week now my shoulders and neck just ache.  Sometimes enough to cause my head to hurt.  I know in our other forums some of us have mentioned that our shoulder and neck are sore and hurt but I don't believe any remedies have come out of it.  So my question is this:  What are you all taking to relieve this pain.  It's as if I worked out my shoulders and neck.  I have stretched, I have massaged with hot water in the shower and nothing.  Any suggestions or remedies that might help.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

Does your neck hurt in the back 

Cause mine hurts in the back and my right side of shoulder also hurts I'm in perimenapause also my ear it feels like I have something stuck in inside 

• Posted

I have this omg, someone else is feeling the exact symptoms.  have you found anything that helps with ear problem it is driving me insane.
    • Posted

Hi Wendy, 

My symptoms started in December at the beginning it was really bad now I still get the pain behind my head it comes and goes. 

As far as the ear pain I went to the ent he said I'm fine also mine is always on the right side I also feel it in my gums and teeth  

As,far as the ear I put a little vicks in a cotton ball inside my ear.

• Posted

I have this it’s my left side shoulder and up back of my neck such an horrible pain nothing takes it off I’ve had this now for nearly 2 months it makes my head hurt too, I’ve tried heat, painkillers, voltrol rub nothing helps 
    • Posted

Hi mine started in Dec I'm in perimenapause and I also have hashimoto but I had thyroid problems over 10 year's but I feel that this started when I started perimenapause 

Did you just started perimenopause 

• Posted

Hi i am peri and have been having neck and shoulder pain since June 2017. I have had physio do swimming  yoga and have had several massages nothing has helped. My anxiety had become  a lot worse. I have not done anything for a few days  apart from a heat pad and trying to relax as i feel my anxiety is making it worse. I feel like i have got a know stuck under my left shoulder blade and sometimes the pain goes to my collar bone. I am eager to see if anyone has any solution. I am considering hypnotherapy to help my anxiety and maybe this will allow my muscle neck and shoulder pain to stop. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.