In Peri-Meno, bleeding through pill

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice on my situation or is experiencing the same....

I have been on HRT since February and am now stable on Oestrogel & Utrogestan (i started on patches but they weren't working very well), i am also taking the contractive pill, progesterone only (Desogestrel), which i take to stop periods only as i am sterilised so don't have to worry about getting pregnant.

I am also due a gynaecology appointment on 6th December as i am not producing testosterone at all so need that prescribing, i don't think that is related to my issue though?

So I have started spotting; now this hasn't happened in a long time so you can imagine my annoyance! But i am now in week 2 of this and so i am wondering if there's any point in carrying on taking the pill as seemingly its not working in stopping bleeding? I also have no idea how to stop the bleeding and it doesn't seem to be letting up. It may be worth noting that I had really bad pain the week before anything happened.

has anyone else experienced this? or does anyone have any words of wisdom as i'm royally fed up with it now!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.