IN SEVERE PAIN ! Need advice ! Both sides ovarian cyst symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

How's everyone doing?

I was diganosed with double ovarian cysts by the Emergency Room. The one on the left (last scanned) was pretty small at around 1.1 cm. The one on the right was fairly large at 6.7cmx6x5, if I remember correctly.

The past few days my symptoms have worsened. I don't know if it's related. Could you guys tell me if you have these symptoms and if you think it's related ?

Diarrhea, Abdominal Discomfort, Abdominal Pain, Intermittent Bloating, Gas, Side Hip Pain, Pressure where the ovaries are, Lower Back Pain.

The lower back pain is the worse pain (both sides aching) and the abdominal pressure is worse on the right.

Need advice asap. Should I contact my ob/gyn? She's doing my surgery pretty soon.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

Yes I have all of them on and off. I have a 11cm cyst on right side which I'm having open surgary as cancer is possbile as no one can tell including cancer team what the soild part is in my cyst (fluid and soild) 

When are you due to have the op? Are you due on period as I have found that has made the pain even worse? X 

• Posted

Hey Holly !

Thanks !

My op is due April 7th. Not yet, I'm not on my period. It's always been super irregular also. Pain has been coming and going since being diagnosed. It's so annoying. I can't take it anymore. Pain killers don't even take away the pain 100% sometimes. Good luck on yours !

• Posted

Not long to go the ! I'm not sure when mine is yet. Will find out next week. 

That's happened to me since being told that pain coming and going. 

Maybe call your gp or consultant see if they can give you stronger pain meds maybe.

Thanks x 

• Posted

I would most definitely let your Dr know, but yes that most definitely sounds like the symptoms that I have had as well. I was diagnosed last week with a 2cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary and have been having similiar symptoms. Due to have surgery in the next two weeks to remove. Good luck let me know how things work out for you. 
    • Posted

Hey Annmarie !

Thanks !

My op is in about 2 weeks as well. The symptoms are so annoying.

Hope all goes perfectly fine with you as well. Good luck !

• Posted

Yes waking up nauseous almost every morning. My surgery scheduled for Tuesday morning cannot wait for it to be over. Dr will be doing laproscopic to remove fibroid, cyst, right ovary and tube, I have a 2cm dermoid cyst. 
  • Posted

Hi!

Yes I had all those symptoms as well! It can be unnerving when it’s happening but it is normal for ovary cysts. Mr. Doctor told me if it got unbearable or if I started to bleed that I was to go to emergency as it could be a rupture but other than that I just had to tough it out till I had my surgery. 

• Posted

I have the same thing the right side is gone and the left side is the size of your finger tip i am going in to have surgery on april 9 they are taking my left ovary and part of tube taking out with it. I have been experiencing pain on both of my sides where the ovary are.
    • Posted

Hey! 

They are taking my 11cm fluid and soild cyst and right ovary ... do you know much about open surgary for this? 

• Posted

I had open surgery for mine. I had both ovaries, both tubes and 2 cysts removed. Open surgery the recovery is longer but the procedure went very smooth, you can hardly see the incision and I am now 3.5 months post surgery and feeling great. (Incision for me was lower bikini line and horizontal)
    • Posted

They told me it was going to be two small incision one by my belly button and the other one on my side.
    • Posted

How long is the recovery ? And what can I expect afterwards ? In terms of what I'll be able to do like walk ect ? How long did you stay in hosptail for? 

I think I just having cyst and right ovary as no one is sure what the soild part is made up from. 

I'm so worried about it - I'm seeing my consultant Tuesday to talk it all through- there will be two surgeons as they are not sure if it's cancerous as no one can tell by my scans. X

• Posted

Oh your having keyhole! I was suppose to but no one is sure what the soild part of cyst is so has to be open x 
  • Posted

Please check your birth control package insert. Ovarian cysts can be listed under "Warnings", "Precautions" or "Risks." Serious side effects are often in these three sections and not in the side effects section. This new information will also be on official government websites. Make sure anything you read is from 2017 or newer. This applies to pills, implants, shots, IUDs and rings. Especially if they are progestin or progestogen types and don't have any estrogen in them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.