In such a state, anxiety is so bad :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Meant to be going on holiday Thursday. Been given the option to go or not to go. Going means constant surroundment by everyone and being trapped and not allowed to leave. Not going means being alone, guilt and regret. Feeling ridiculously anxious, keeping breaking down, feel really sick (and i'm afraid of sick), so tense and just feel ill. It's been constant either really energetic anxious where I'm having panic attacks, trashing my room, shaking etc, then just detatched from everyone, being unable to move, everything going so fast and I'm going slow, having suicidal thoughts and wanting to self harm. I'm so scared. It just needs to all stop. What am I supposed to do. Who am I to talk to. Everyone just keeps asking why I'm feeling like this and I just don't know. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would say amy the best person to talk to is your GP and then hopefully a therapist. These kind of issues won't just dissapear I'm afraid, but therapy can help
  • Posted

Stay calm! Are you on Citalopram? That is the only thing I can talk about. You need to talk to a professional.
  • Posted

Hi Amy.. I have also felt like this before a holiday. It's often a fear that you will be in a situation where escape is difficult or embarrassing, being out of your comfort zone, feeling trapped and it's awful. However, I was surprised at just how much I didn't feel like this when I did go away. I felt so much calmer; it's often the anticipation and fear of something rather than the thing itself.

Have you been away before whilst anxious and how did that go? I hope you are able to talk to your GP before Thursday! Are you going abroad? X

• Posted

I know how you are feeling Amy... Try and force yourself to do some breathing exercises, try to drink as much water as possible, watch a film or listen to some relaxing music and go and see your GP. It is really hard and horrible but You are not alone. <3>
  • Posted

Amy...do you "want to self harm", or you get the "what if I sell harm"?

In my mind, there is a difference. Think long and hard about your feelings. Because I get the "what if I loose control and sel harm" thoughts. 

Amy, these are just thoughts. You won't act on them. But if you want to self harm, I'd suggest talk to your therapist about it.

Keep taking your meds, it will get better.

As far as going on a holiday, I was the same 2 weeks ago. With all my anxiety and intrusive thoughts, I went anyways, and I had 4 wonderful days. What's the point on staying by yourself at home? Tell people you go with about anxiety, and If you want time for yourself, just take it. 

You are not alone .... Just persevere and hold on. It does get better, trust me!

Xxx

• Posted

I agree call your gp asap if u didn't already as I just saw u post. As u concern won't go away. Plus talk therapy works well. Keep me informed 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.