In the U.k. Option to Finesteride.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, im taking finesteride and Doxozasin. The Doxosazin is to control my blood pressure and it has stabilised my blood pressure.

Unfortunately, I am having increased problems after taking the finesteride severe loss of libido, sensitivity down below. I'm going to see a doc ASAP. in the U.K. Is there a good option to finesteride that would be okay to take with Doxozasin? Thanks All.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please read on the sexual side effects of Finasteride. Retrograde Ejaculation could last long after you stop taking it. Other ejaculatory dysfunction such as less sperm. if it doesn't work for what you are taking it for, I would stop taking it.

• Posted

Ive stopped and I'm not waiting for a doc to tell me. I'll continue with the Doxozasin for my blood pressure. Can I be prescribed an alternative to Finesteride?

• Posted

Your taking it- Doxozasin. If you have BPH, investigate the surgery  side like the HoLEP procedure, but that might affect your sex life. The PAE procedure should stop the prostate (lobes) future growth, but if the median lobe is already blocking (large), It may not help.
    • Posted

Thanks Joseph. I have been looking at pae. How would it be asserted if this procedure was Suitable for a patient. It appears to be less invasive to a Rezum?

Cheers.

• Posted

Yes it is. The PAE is done through the arteries There is trauma around the skin where the needles go to the arteries, so there might be bleeding for a day. In Rezum, steam is blown into the prostate through the urethra which will cause bleeding  and you'll need a catheter. See rezum dot com ( i don't know if I could send a URL)

• Posted

Yes Joseph. I am looking for future ref. Keeping an eye on the outcomes of new procedures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.