Inability to fall asleep , don't know what to do. Please help read my story

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys any help will be appreciated. I will start from the beginning to give an overview. Excuse my grammer i have gotten any sleep since April. Also I am very sorry for the long story just want to give everyone a better understanding. Thank you for your patience.

So back in 2011 I was self employed at the age of 19, i was doing really good for my age. I was in a sometimes stressful environment seeing as I ran my company myself. I started getting weird pains. in My stomach, muscle spasms and all kind of things I thought something was wrong with me. I went to doctors did tests and different scans they all found nothing. But I was convinced it was something because pain could t just come out of no where. I ended up having to close my business because it got so bad I was always worrying bout it and thought I was going to die. I did research online and found out there was a condition where people think k they have a disease but don't. I later found out about cbd which is used to aniexty. I drove to Denver got it and instantly my aniexty was gone. Good right ? . I completely forgot about all those things I was worried about and moved on wit life.

2015 I decided to go back to school and get my associate it 1year so I was taking g 5 classes a semester but I noticed in Feb of 2015 one night literally felt like someone dimmed the light it my brain after that I noticed I could not sleep. Months went by I was using melatonin for sleep it was helping but I would feel groggy and hung over. I keep uping my dose to bout 10mg it stopped working my August mind you I am still taking 5 classes each semester.

In August I got a job in the IT field while I was still in school sleep was still crappy I didnt think nothing of it because I know many people who work full time w school and still make it so I thought if they can do it so can I. My job required alot of walking and I noticed my leg was aching from Fatigue but once again I said whatever take it like a champ. Now I think the fatigue was nothing if I was getting good restorative sleep but the fact was I wasn't getting this with all the work and school I was doing but at the time I wasnt thinking about that I was too focused on what I need to do.

((((I would take Xanax sometimes when I was stressed out and into 2016 i would take .25 or .5 or 1mg and it would knock me out but never consecutively and not more than 30 pills stressed out in months))

I was so tired and exhausted that sometime around December of 2015 I said forget all this gave up on school and work and for a whole week I sleep without pills or anything. I noticed that 1week of sleep was enough to rejuvenate my legs I felt no pain and was overall in a good state. After that 1 week I had to get back to work as I graduated Dec of 15.

I graduated and also got a better job while I had my other one work both for a month and dropped one by Jan of 2016. Kept working 45 hour weeks and found it difficult to sleep as I was stressed out at work and was studying for a certification exam. I occasionally took Xanax just to knock my out when I had difficulty sleeping but noticed I didnt feel restored when I woke up. I then went to a doc in Feb of 2016 I was giving amtrililin or something like that it made me feel terrible nausea and headache then I was giving trazodone it helped me sleep but had same side effects. I didn't take both at the same time fyi but discontinued them.

Fast forward to April I endured the fatigue in My legs and lack of sleep only because I had bills/responsibilities and had a goal to reach. I talked to co workers and they said might be your mattress causing all this and I went ahead and bought a new one around April 24 and surprisingly I slept for 3 days but once gain I think stress at work and studying ending that. So after those 3 days I went right back to not being about to sleep due to racing mind.

After April my sleep was literally non existent by the of may I think my body had taken all it would because around June 3rd amd 4th it became impossible for me to.procoess thought and do my job duties. I was a lead tech for a big company and I had a lot of responsibilities. O. The 3rd a mistake I did was take yellow Xanax for sleep and I had less than 5-6 to wake up for work. When I got up I felt foggy brain. And just terrible. By the time i got to work my legs were dead I think my leg fatigue had reached its limit because I could barely walk. I ended up leaving early and that night when I got home just the thought of me having to go to work give me a mini panic attack which I never had before. ( Never had a panic attack) . Someone had to calm me down, I went to work next day but I could only stay for 2 hours I ended up quitting that day my mind and body couldnt take it.

I felt good quitting my goal was to get as much sleep as possible to heal my body and mind ( sounds easy right ). The whole month of June I did not get a lick of sleep. After I dropped every stressor In my life i still could t sleep I was so confused. When you lay In Bed tossing and turning due to lack of sleep you start goggling and trying to find disgnosis a d treatments. As you guessed my aniexty and fatigue shot through the roof. I have become unable to walk, I mean I can walk my legs are just extremely fatigued and in pain.

In July I had 2more panic attacks biggest one was while driving I thought it was a heart attack. I decided to make another trip to Denver and see if cbd would help. I tried cbd CBN medicinal weed for insomnia none worked like they did before. Well when I smoke I feel like I am about to sleep but when I get that falling feeling my heart starts beating fast as hell and it wakes me back up.fast forward to August I have this crawling feeling in my chest (heart) and arm I am scared due to lack of sleep I might get heart failure. I would be happy if I can Just get even 30 mins or an 1hr.

Guys I don't know what else to do I have a sleep study on the 20th.

The problem is when I lay down to sleep my brain doesn't turn off aka my mind hasnt rested in months.

I get night sweats

Exhausted all times of the day

Extremely fatigued

Little depressed

Aniexty

I know all these things will go away when I sleep but I do t know how to get there.

Here are the things I have tried

Melatonin

GABA

Magnesium liquid

OTC sleep aids

Benadryl

Advil pm

Marijuana

aroma therapy

Massage

Acupuncture

Vitamin b complex

Cbd

Cbn

I don't believe I have any illness because I sleep those times and everything went away I just need to get my sleep back.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sleep aids alone won't work you need to eliminate the anxiety then normal sleep will return.

• Posted

I have tried to climate the aniexty. Without meds and that hasn't worked. I started back taking clonazapem .5 mg at night but it doesnt put me to sleep. Any idea on how to climate aniexty completely. I tried yoga and meditation which help calm me down but still I don't feel tried at night to fall asleep

• Posted

sam  i have similar problem i carnt type long as to exhausted , ive had less than 20 hrs sleep in 35 days , iam on a diazepam taper  9mg per day at the minute  but i think i will die fairly soon  .. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.