Inactive Anal Fistula

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had anal abscess in 2010. Until 2013, I had some drain happening on and off.

Then it healed completely without any surgery or anything. This year, 2019 during May, June I did heavy lifting in gym and then I realized the Fistula still exist, but it was silent.

The day when I did heavy lifting, it popped a purple pea shaped fluid near the anal opening where the Fistula opening existed on the skin surface. I thought it was a perianal hematoma, as it appeared purple. Then i popped with my fingers and it drained fresh blood. The skin healed and covered the opening eventually in a couple of days.

The next month, I had too much Mexican food with black beans and I was too gassy. It popped out and drained fresh blood again. Then the skin covered and healed on the skin surface.

Now I know what causes the opening to pop and drain from the skin surface, I can carefully avoid certain activities, food, etc that aggravates fistula. i recommend you folks to find out what flares up, and try not to do such activities. You can live your life with inactive Fistula throughout your life without any surgery.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The day when I did heavy lifting, it popped a purple pea shaped fluid near the anal opening where the Fistula opening existed on the skin surface. I thought it was a perianal hematoma, as it appeared purple. Then i popped with my fingers and it drained fresh blood.

same as me.. i have same symptoms. I am scared of surgery and the incontinence risk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.