incapacity benefit

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well everyone, you may well remember I told you all a while back I went for a medical about my benefit. There doctor decided I was unwell and my situation to be reviewed in 12 months. Even though this was decided I have had to go to my local job centre for interviews with a pathways to work advisor. In the past he has been fine and seemed understanding. Today he has really upset me. He is know going to make me take up a job that he thinks I could do. :evil: :evil:

He is organising for me to see some group or other that will assist me in the going back to work progress. His recomendations for jobs were: a kitchen assistant in a pub/restaurant or a debt collector going door to door. :twisted: :twisted:

He jnows I get DLA mobility and care allowance because of my illness. Yet he expects me to stand on my feet all day and work in a kitchen or wander the street collecting money. :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

:sorry: put I amhaving a bad week and this is the last thing I needed at the minute. Things are really hard at the moment. :cry: :cry: :cry:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh for goodness sake LouLou :shock:

I just don't believe what I have just read :shock:

How can that stupid man call himself a doctor :evil:

How does he honestly think someone with ME can go from door to door, in all weathers collecting debts for heaven's sake ....... :evil:

I am absolutely speechless (for change!)

I think the imbecile has probably chosen one of the most physical and stressful jobs around ..... what the heck is the stupid man even thinking of :steam:

Even with a kitchen assistant's job you would be on your feet most of the day .......he obviously has absolutely no understanding of the illness whatsoever :steam:

This guy presumably wasn't your own GP ... so try going to see him or her and explaining this ridiculous situation. If it wasn't so serious it's almost laughable! Maybe your own GP can be of some help.

If not, maybe go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau and see if they can advise you.

Phew, I am still speechless :evil:

Katie xx:hug:

Hopefully some of the others will also be able to come up with suggestions .....

• Posted

Maybe I have not explained things properly, there doctor said I was unfit for work, it's one of there office staff trying to get be to apply for these jobs :cry: :cry: :twisted: :cry: :twisted:
  • Posted

Oh LouLou - it's probably me just being extra thick ..... I can't seem to take things in these days.... I wonder why :evil:

In that case you need to go back to see your doctor and get him to write to these idiots ..... there's no way you can be expected to even think of work at the moment, let alone the jobs they have in mind!!

Try not to worry about it 'cos you'll just feel worse.

Katie xx

• Posted

Lou Lou you mustn't let them push you into something you are not fit for :steam:

I had to have an meeting with a DWP doctor last year to determine if I was eligable for Incapacity Benefit and even though he confirmed that I was unfit to work I was also later summoned to a meeting with an advisor.

Even though I was really low at the time I dragged myself in and sat through a long interview and at the end of it the girl then informed me that I didn't have to attend at all, apparently I could have just phoned them and say that I wasn't up to it !!!

I think that advisor is just trying to be pushy :cross:

Katie is right, you should contact your own doctor and explain what has happened.

Take care

Kristal

• Posted

LouLou

The clerk is probably on commision depending on how many people they get interviews for :twisted:

How can you qualify for those benefits, yet be forced into trying to work?

How can you get mobility allowance and do a job that entails being on your feet all day?! :steam:

Phone in sick when you are supposed to go.. and see your GP :wink:

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny :lol:

Dale xxx

• Posted

hi lou lou

just catching up with the threads and saw this and felt furious on your behalf :evil: especially as ive worked in a pub kitchen and it's probably the most physically taxing thing ive ever done.

i remember when someone was sent round to assess my sister for a similar thing, even though she's registered as disabled and blind. the man took her out in the street and asked her if she could walk to the next lampost, to which she replied, 'what lampost?' She couldn't even see it.

if you're actually claiming DLA there's no way this advisor can get you to work. we all know how hard that is to claim anyway. i agree with everyone, get your doctor on board or go to CAB as this is simply outrageous.

Trees x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.