Incidental lipoma in brain

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi hi all, I'm sure a lot of you have read my posts and know who I am. I have suffered health anxiety for the last few years now mostly concerning my heart and my brain. I have been suffering from what I thought was migraines since last summer. I went to the neurologist at least three times last year and they did two CT scans on me which all came back clear. I had what felt like the worst headache of my life along with a lot of migraine symptoms. my neurologist did not want to give me an MRI but finally did about a month ago. well I finally got the results today because of phone tag issues and it turns out that I do have what's called a incidental lipoma brain tumor. no words can describe how I feel and how angry I am but nobody believed me for the longest time that something was wrong and all this time there was. they have referred me to a neurosurgeon to see what the next step is going to be. so if I have one piece of advice for anybody who is suffering with headaches is to please please get what you need to find out what is going on with your body. next is is there anybody anybody who has any experience with this type of tumor? I have no idea how long it's going to be until I get into the neurosurgeon to get all the answers I need to my questions and I absolutely will not Google anymore! thank you for reading this long post!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi mate, im sorry to hear about your situation i can roughly relate to your frustration. The drs telling you that youre fine as each test comes back normal and paints you out to be crazy i can totally relate as i have had 2 ct scans and a brain mri that shows no cause for my daily headaches but aye im crazy. can i ask? how did your headaches feel? was it a stabbing pain or a pressure feeling? i too worry every tbh that the tests have missed something its very frustrating 😕

• Posted

I I think you for your reply. you know they're different every time it seems like so I don't know if it's caused by the lipoma or if it's just an ordinary headache. I will have ice pick headaches one day and then the next it could be like a pressure headache that goes like around my head. and sometimes it'll just be one-sided headache on the left side of my temple they will be like a throbbing pain. my neurologist said that all of my symptoms pointed to migraines.the doctor said that it's asymptomatic but can cause headaches, which I'm just baffled by because isn't that the whole purpose of calling at asymptomatic because it doesn't have any symptoms!I'm super scared because there's something there that's not supposed to be there.

• Posted

hi,

I'm not sure if you'll read this as you posted a few weeks ago. I just wanted to see how you're doing and if you need anything feel free to talk to me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.