Incisional Hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone have any experience with hernia after having a lap? I wish to know how did you deal with it as I am observing that my stomach is a little swelled on one side and I had some mild shooting pain yesterday. Is it possible to get it healed naturally without surgery?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sharon, who diagnosed this hernia, Dr. Google or a real doctor?
    • Posted

i was being suspicious as i had pain and my left abdomen was a little swelled up. but i am relieved now as I just had an ultrosound done and it's all clear smile the doctor mentioned that it is possible to have slight pain around the incision area when the weather changes.. hmm.. that's something new.. 

• Posted

I had a proper lump/protusion after my lap in one of the incision areas, i thought it was a hernia as it was very painful unlike the other 2 incisions and it had a pressure type feeling and felt twisted, a week or 2 later it had gone, it was just swelling and muscle knot/tensions + scar tissue. 

If your concerned see the Dr but honestly it is probably swelling, scar tissue and the stitches in the lower layer of muscle below.

• Posted

yes, that seems to have been the case and apparently it is possible to also have pain when the weather changes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.