incisions!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi is it normal to have a hard bump under the belly button incision after gall bladder removed... had mine out 8 days  ago x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes

dont poke about!!!!!

they are glued and stitched. 

The lump disappeared gradually took several weeks . 

I think the belly button is the larger incision. 

Just check that the dressings are healthy not oozing green.  

And mine all dissolved eventually the one in the middle at the base of my ribs took the longest to heal . Maybe where it is under my bra. 

But all good ..

• Posted

Thank u I took my dressings off about 4 days ago. Nobody gave me instructions as to when I should have x
    • Posted

Can't remember how long .. To leave dressings on.. Think a week . I made up my own dressings with a square of melamine  held on with surgical tape , just to protect them. Four little squares . As when I showered the hospital ones fell off ....But I had stitches sticking out 6 weeks later . Then they dissolved . 

Just be careful it takes 6 weeks to heal and you have lots of internal stitches . So don't lift anything . I swept the floor 7 days after my operation and I was in agony muscle aches all in my abdomen and core muscles. Learnt my lesson. Then I felt washed out for several weeks . Then after the six weeks I sprung back to life smile . Won't be long .... You will be feeling great soon. 

• Posted

Managed to get back to normal duties in 8 days... having a 2 and 3 year old you just have to... xx Im not finding lifting a problem and can hoover so all is ok xxx
    • Posted

Good you are younger than me... I am guessing I am 50 yrs old . That propberly was another factor and I was caring for my elderly mum with parkinsons she lived with me. I was shattered. 

Anyway had op in February 2014 so so glad I did. 

Sure you will be glad too. 

• Posted

Any dressings that are not showing signs of leakage can be left in place as long as possibel and kept dry..That means no emmercing in water. The longer left in place the better. if there is a small lump it could be a haematoma under the Skin from the operatio.. sometimes people develop small blood blisters this is what happens to the skin in order for it to star t healing itself. If the dressing is oozing change it everyday ..wash your hands first. Mefix adherent dressings are the best with a cotton gauze square underneath. Th lump could just be swellin from the excision and probe entry.. This will go down.
  • Posted

Thanks guys!! ha 26 and no gall bladder ... got really fat after having my little girl. 4 pounds away from loosing 3 stone in 11 weeks...  slimming world has really helped alongside with hospital admission lol xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.