Income Support.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, My husband is my carer & claims carers allowance. Will he be eligible to claim income support?  If he has savings will this be taken into consideration & if so what is the amount he is allowed to have to enable him to claim this benefit?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi mary

my son claims carers allowance and also claims income support as he is unemployed , as far as the savings are concerned if it is the same as esa I think you are allowed up to 6 thousand , but I am not completely sure so hopefully somebody else will know for definite.

Hope this helped a bit

• Posted

Capitol, including savings of £6,000 or more will affect savings. For every £250 over £6,000 £1 will be deducted for Income Support. Saving/capitol over £16,000 then you won't be able to claim Income Support at all. The rates are the same for couples and single people. Also claiming Income Support would depend if he works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.