Incomplete Uterine Fibroid Embolization

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my procedure on Jan 5 2017 unfortunatley I have not had any  success with this option. The Interventional radiologist informed me that he was not able to complete my procedure due to my veins being too small he said that he treated the left side where my largest fibroids are but could not treat the right side , he performed the UFE by going through my wrist instead of my groin area. This is week 3 and I am still having severe pain I am still taking percocet and ibuprofen 600mg. I am very disappointed and disgusted. He offered to repeat the procedure but I am leary about this. I am left with feeling hopeless and wondering what to do. I went to another doctor for a second opinion and he suggested that I have a partial hysterecromy which i dont want because of all the crazy side effects. I am 47 years old and I do not want to go into to early menopause, have crazy moods swings ,decreased sex drive etc.

Does anyone know any awesome doctors in Dallas Texas or Shreveport Louisiana that maybe able to repeat my UFE successfully please help I want to keep my uterus 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear that.

I had a failed novasure and still have my fibroid.

I am 44yrs old and am scared of having a hysterecomy like you.

Ive had my children and rather than going through other ops and them failing I am now considering just having my womb removed. (My fibroid is on the outer edge of my womb) need some quality of life back.

Spoke to my dr today and he agrees with me as I had lost some faith with my consultant.

Hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

I also had the ablation in 2014 which did not help me either I pray that we both get some relief soon from these fibroids they cause so much pain and it does rob us of our quality of life praying for better days we as women go through so much 😞

• Posted

What about a myomectomy? I have a relative that had one and she's doing great! I wish I would have done the same but

Opted for the UFE and at the ripe age of 44 took me straight to menopause 😡.

• Posted

I was thinking of having a myomectomy but there is a risk of the fibroid growing back.

It's a very complex choice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.