Incontinence

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 40 and have had incontinence for two yrs drs haven't been able to figure out why. Any one else with the same problem ?and thoughts?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My doctors have no idea why I leaked from age 20 to age 50. But one doctor told me that I have a false entry into my bladder, which means my bladder doesn't completely empty when I pee. It pools in 2 different areas.

Have you had a cystoscopy. It could be urethral strictures. Or it could be BPH, benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, which involves your prostate. I had a TUIP which is a transurethral. incision of the prostate. I had loose bits of prostate which were removed.

There are drugs that can help but they didn't work for me. The are artificial sphincters that can help, but I never heard of them until I read about them on this forum. Someone told me about a penis clamp, but haven't bought one.

At age 66, I still.leak urine. I use padding if I am drinking alot of liquids. My underwear is always wet when I get up in the morning, which is why I know I leak during the night.

It is best to seek the advice from a doctor to find out why you leak.

It also could be a kidney disorder. I leaked water out of my legs which lead to my being on dialysis, today.

I am not a doctor.

Good luck. There are alot of answers that can be found on this website under overactive bladder or OAB.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.