Incontinence in young adult male

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 27 young male and have had incontinence for the last 3 years i do now also suffer from anxiety aswell i suffer from urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence ive had loads of tests done but everything seems ok except i have spinal degenerative spine diesease but nothing is touching my nerves just seeing if there is anyone out there thats the same as me and how they cope with it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi James. There are many people who suffer the same. I have had bed wetting issues all my life. Up till my early 20th 1 or 2 times a month. Then only a few accident a year, starting again at the age of 31, now 14 years ago. At that time i also started having daytime accidents. Many tests, medications and treatments followed including Botox, sacral neurostimulation and nerve stimulating treatment, unfortunately without success.

I' m diagnosed with OAB, urinary retention, IC, and chronic bladder infection. I also deal with anxiety and depression, but i am not sure what is the cause what is the result. As a child i had difficult home situation. Still, looking back i think my bed wetting issues threw me back more often in my mental condition, than the other way around.

This may not sound very hopeful, but there are many men and women with the same issues. How to cope with it is very personal. I took every treatment opportunity doctors offered me. Unfortunately without success, but at the time it gave me some hope. After all these years i still can't accept my condition and looking for possibilities to ease the pain and regaining some bladder control. Now incontinence briefs and catheters are my daily life.

• Posted

Hello James! I had also suffered the same issue in my daily life. Basically urinary incontinence is a common problem that can be affect many adults. I have tried everything to get rid out of urinary incontinence, but not succeed. I concerned to a doctor and he suggested me to wear incontinence pads, that is not a permanent solution but it save my quality time from being housebound or spending all my time in the toilet. I shop from online store, they are providing quality product i also refer to you.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Anxiety increases bad effects of urination and mental issues and multiplies problems with heart. Deal with the anxiety and everything else that is an issue will be less effective.

• Posted

You can cope with it with the right direction and advice, use your options and explore different avenues. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.