Incontinent

Posted , 4 users are following.

for the last twelve months I have suffered periods of acute diarhoea that is both debilitating and embarrasing.  Have had a colonoscopy results large bowel Ok small bowel OK but signs of inflammation any one else suffer like this if so what do they do to combat it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

KT47...first of all are you a female?  I assume you are, because I wanted to ask if you are going through the menopause?  This happens to a lot  with a change with our hormones..but it soon rights itself...hope this helps but if your a male...I;m sure you have been screened to show IBS, which it sounds like to me.
    • Posted

Yes I am a female aged 67yrs and went through the menopause after having a hysterectomy at 30yrs. I have been screened for various complaints IBS being just one of them but thanks for your input
  • Posted

Just like to know what test do they have to do to check for IBS they did coeliac test came negative, did gastro said mild gastritis , but doctors say IBS what other test did you do to confirm IBS, Bloating, distended stomach take colfax when I need it and constipation try to go at least once a day. With IBS you can get diarrohea and go through constipation too it alternates.
    • Posted

Have had various blood tests plus Faeces samples this latest episode seems worse than previous both Dr and Consultant advise Immodium but not more than six a day. I'm still waiting for the coeliac test results.
  • Posted

Hi KT47

As you only get diahorrea periodically perhaps you are eating something that doesn't agree with you. Keeping a food diary of what you eat and drink and

noting when you get diahorrea, it may coincide with something you are eating or drinking. I would try this for a couple of months and see what emerges, you may be suprised!!....Best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.