Increading dose of Evorel Conti patches

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I first posted re my doc telling me to wean off my patches. I am 65 and have been using evorel conti which i cut in half for around 6 years. Been on patches for 13 years. Over the last 7 weeks, after attempting to wean off very slowly, my flushes returned with a vengeance after only a few days, since then i have experienced aching joints and extreme fatigue snd spotting. Sincethe NICE report has come to light I have booked an appt to see my doctor. I am staying on HRT and will ask for a stronger dose. My quality of life has declined over the last few weeks. I put my full half patch back on after less than a week of feeling dreadful. Its amazing to experience such an upheavel after such a short time.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think a lot of GP's are reducing amounts to one months worth. It's a way of recouping costs.
  • Posted

Hi there, I am 53 and  currently using Evoril Conti patches, have been on them a year now and although they help with the hot flushes, sleepless nights, aching legs and the fog i found myself in, they do make me bleed.  At first it was every month, i went to the doctor who sent me to see the gynacologist at the hospital, all was well so decided with the doctor that the bleeding was a small price to pay for the difference it made to my well being, although now the bleeding is more frequent, every 2 weeks.

I have read some women only use half the patch, would this reduce the bleeding i wonder?

• Posted

Hi Kay, just seen your post.. I use half a patch (just over in fact) I cut it down slither by slither. Evorel is noted for causing spotting/bleeding. I found that the bleeds with me stopped when I cut my patch down to half (so it;s worth a go) I upped my doseage by a slither 3 months ago due to returning night sweats, and have had spotting on and off for the last 3 months. I have just tapered it down again in the hope it will eventually stop all the spotting and become stable again. The things we have to go through just to feel normal! *sigh*.. It is widely said that any increase/decrease will cause spotting for a while until your body gets used to the different amounts of hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.